4e 4a valve stem?

Ohh, like what?

The entire valvetrain bar the valves as they are much longer in the stem, although if you wanted to get creative you could have the stem turned on a lathe and have the collet locks cut back in, but not worth it imo.

Oh and there's a lot more upgrades for the 4AGE in terms of valve train components and at much cheaper prices than traders have advertised :thumbsup:

Edited by AdamB

No they won't, the 4e cams rotate opposite ways whereas the 4age ones both rotate the same direction. Then there's the dizzy. 16v 4age's run the dizzy off the site of the block not off the end of them like 4e's.

I'm guessing he's getting at shims and buckets. Maybe springs (they'd be the wrong length surely)

No cams won't fit, quite obvious the cams are different since the E series is only a single cam (realisticly). Cams can be had cheap anyway if you know where to look, although in my opinon cams aren't needed till well over 350bhp, and there's bigger restriction than the cams.

But yes buckets, valve guides, valve stem seals, retainers, springs are the same.

The springs have the same free length as the E series so they fit no problem, and also have the same base seat pressure :thumbsup: So no need to go milling the cylinder head or adding shims to adjust the base pressure.

Edited by AdamB

I really posted that without thinking, too early in the morning lol.

I know piper or Kent cams do reprofiled cams. Where else do them?

So the springs do fit? Are they stiffer than the 4e ones?

Only interested in this as I want to up my RPM's a bit.

I really wouldn't bother with cams, especially regrounds. Really aren't needed and people pick them for the wrong reason.

Yes the springs fit and yes they are stiffer but depends where you go as different manufacturers use different material which will change the spring rate.

How high do you want to go on the revs? Don't forget that a stiffer spring saps engine power and also wears the cam lobes quicker and harsher.