Hey guys :)

Switching from my 16" to 14" on the glanza soon, can anybody recommend any tyres?

I have proxy T1R's on now, and too be honest, they suck balls :/ (just my opinion) seem 'ok' in dry weather, but the sidewall sucks, I thought on a glanza they wouldn't really suffer as I was told only heavy cars seem to disagree with them.

I had R888's on my s2000 and they were awesome (didnt drive it in wet conditions) but I'm not going to own winter/summer wheels. anything decent for fast road driving in the summer but wont completely shit itself come winter?

Thanks for any input :)

595rsr is a really good all round high performance tyre, they're cheap and last ages.

Who makes them dude?

I have gone from t1rs to rs3s and the difference is night and day

and they are same money

I can only find rainsport2's in the size I need :/

195/45/14 Is what im planning on running

I've run 595 rsr, as well as a few friends, they are pretty good.

They don't have quite as stiff a sidewall as something like a 888, but V70, but they're a tyre that bridge the gap between a road and track tyre. Decent performance in the wet, and long lasting. At the price point I'd run them over a lot of other 'performance' based tyres.

Federal make the 595, been looking for some reviews as want to try them out on my new wheels

I'm so sick of reading reviews now haha, thought id ask people who have the same car as me :)

I've run 595 rsr, as well as a few friends, they are pretty good.

They don't have quite as stiff a sidewall as something like a 888, but V70, but they're a tyre that bridge the gap between a road and track tyre. Decent performance in the wet, and long lasting. At the price point I'd run them over a lot of other 'performance' based tyres.

You ever tracked it on them? Obviously reduce their life quite a lot lol. They sound good though! Any other tyre size suggestions for 14x6j? hard to find the size i want -_-

I had them fitted to my E46 M3, did a track day and about 8000 road miles on them, they still looked like new when I sold the car. They're very popular with the MX5 crowd as well.

I'm confident they'd work well on the Starlet, and if mine was a road car it's what I'd have fitted.

I had them fitted to my E46 M3, did a track day and about 8000 road miles on them, they still looked like new when I sold the car. They're very popular with the MX5 crowd as well.

I'm confident they'd work well on the Starlet, and if mine was a road car it's what I'd have fitted.

I'll give them a go buddy, they sound well worth a shot :)

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Federal/595RSR.htm

Interesting read on the 595 RSR tyre :) good value considering the score! also a review from an evo owner:

'Heres all the data that I acquired over the weekend at ACS running the Federal 595RS-R street tire in a 255/40/17 in all four corners. The UTQG rating of the tire is a 140AA/A... The tire temps are pretty funky most likely due to using a hand held IR reader instead of a prob.

My car is a 2006 Evo making 370hp on 91octane at 26psi. It weighs a whopping 3433lbs w/out the driver. I'm also running about 3*degrees up front and 1.8*degrees in the rear...

Surprisingly the tires held up great. I never felt the tires greasing out during an entire 25min session... I would enter T1 at 140-147mph and maintain 130-135mph through the entire banking, almost breaking the 2G barrier with the tires at that...! The durometer also showed that the tires were actually softer than what we started with when I checked at the end of the day...!

Braking with the 595RS-R's was very impressive with the ST-43 pads. Scrubbing off the 135mph T2 exit speed coming into T3 at 40mph was pretty confident inspiring.

Tire wear is surprisingly minimal.'

7df85e73.jpg

Edited by Dizzy

I have federal 595's on my boxy 185-55-14 find them very good in the dry but find them poor enough in the wet. I found Dunlop sp very good in wet and dry and also I wouldn't put 195's on the 6j I have 185's on mine and are already a bit swollen