Downhill riders/ bikes

soooo about 4years ago i gave up riding in favor of starlets :D and for the last year or so my missus has been nagging at me to riding again! so on the bank holiday weekend i dug my good old hardtail out the garage for some love with a strip down and look at getting all new parts but............................................................

I have a bloody crack in the rear of the frame so off to the bin with that :(

im now going to buy a second hand full sus in replacement but the range is massive and i dont have a clue what to get !! my best freind has a 24seven darkangel full sus which handles epic.

im soo out of touch with riding these days and i cant remember which DH bikes are good ?

ive got about £500 to spend if anyone is selling a decent one, ive been looking at

Giant glorys

Specialized demo

Specialized bighits

/\/\ these are the ones i remember being good

and WHERES GOOD TO RIDE ????

James

They are good choices. I'd stay away from the dark angel thing weighs a ton. Check out pinkbike.com for second hand bikes. I also gave up riding for my glanza and hope to buy another dj bike soon. Wont be able to do half the things i usef to

They are good choices. I'd stay away from the dark angel thing weighs a ton. Check out pinkbike.com for second hand bikes. I also gave up riding for my glanza and hope to buy another dj bike soon. Wont be able to do half the things i usef to

I'm looking at pink bike now acctually haha seen a lovely giant glory 8 for 650 I think could go down to 550 :)

I'm exactly the same mate never going to throwing myself off 15 foot drops like nothing matters straight away whilst whipping sideways :D

and then there's my fitness ......... Or lack off haha

Any decent areas to ride your way ? Not far from me really, and do it get riding again lol

James

Im on the same boat, had a hardtail and went to take it out last month and the thing has a big crack at the back and the forks where snapped, sold some parts and chucked the frame :( im looking a full sus now too, ebay amd gumtree seem good, a lad had a norco shore 3 and all the gear you needed, helmet etc.. for 650! Theres a kona patriot on too for 500. I need the glanza m.o.t'd then I will be buying one asap!

Im on the same boat, had a hardtail and went to take it out last month and the thing has a big crack at the back and the forks where snapped, sold some parts and chucked the frame :( im looking a full sus now too, ebay amd gumtree seem good, a lad had a norco shore 3 and all the gear you needed, helmet etc.. for 650! Theres a kona patriot on too for 500. I need the glanza m.o.t'd then I will be buying one asap!

theres some good deals to be had but its knowing whats going to be right, ive heard of norco but never met anyone who rides one to give a user review :)

it killed me to find it was broken i loved my frame :'( but onwards and upwards :p

Orange make some proper nice DH bikes, but they do hold there value as you will probably see,

Why not just stick with what you know and get another hard tail?

Orange bikes are savage looking, but they certainly hold there value and the cheaper ones are spares or repairs

ive always had hard tails and its just time for a change as i don't ride street anymore will only be woods

james

Kona are a very good downhill bike

Where abouts in the country are you?

not a kona DH fan, dont mind there hardtails but i rode a stinky in the past and didnt like the ride of it

im based in weston super mare but will travel for the right bike and price

james

Well i am from the north west theres a few places round here names are hard to spell damn welsh!

My kona stab was amazing couldnt fault it one bit

Landelga good theres some good trails around cannock if i remember rightly

Plus theres antiog sinigog that prob not spelt right but that one looks amazing get driven up the mountain all day for 25 quid

I'm still a huge fan of my Old hardtail tbh. She's a old girl now but I still love it just don't ride her anymore. But it's a Saracen something lol with megura Julie's and manitou answer triple clamp forks with a onza seat so it's out the way lol

Well I'm going to be back in the game soon enough, my wallet took a hammering on eBay last night :)

Brought a 2009 Giant glory frame ( medium ) which I'm collecting tonight £250

And marzacchi 888's with cosmetic damage £235 delivered :D

Just on the hunt for wheels to allow for the bolt through and a set of decent hydraulic brakes :)

James