Insurance claim help

surely the payout should match what you said was the value of the car when u insured it originally ?

It's usually classed as market value. All they do is enter the age/milage and car into a program called Glasses Guide and it gives them a book figure. Also what dealerships use to price up used cars. If you've got receipts for recent servicing, tyres etc, and like for like cover on mods and also proof it's above market value, then you can submit that in your favour to get them to increase the value. Doesn't always work but it's worth the hassle to try.

Also, if your car is registered as a standard starlet instead of a GT or Glanza, or that's the criteria they've used, then that would explain the payout they've offered.

Edited by Arnold

Ouch, get a feedback thread up in their section on here, shame you only really find out how good your insurance company is when you crash!

When I had my incident my insurance company were superb, I had a coursty car within hours, kept updated at every stage, sorted me physio and I got a settlement I was more than happy with.

I actually stayed with my insurer even though there were cheaper option because I know it's a really good service.

It's a glanza.

I'll be back on phone tomorrow.

At first I was offshore so didn't need a hire car but when I got home and car had been taken away I wasn't able to get a hire car as they said since car is a drive able total loss I'm not entitled to one. Even though my car was at the repair shop. Makes no sense. It's not even a claim on my insurance it is all going to be reclaimed from

Third parties insurance.

Right been on phone again today tried to stay calm this time haha. And spoke to someone else at claim company who is letting me dispute the matter. I now have to get evidence my car is worth a lot more. Collect adverts off the internet and that, similar to my car etc. which I already imagine is going to be hard?

Any ideas on how I can get best chance of getting more money guys?

Right been on phone again today tried to stay calm this time haha. And spoke to someone else at claim company who is letting me dispute the matter. I now have to get evidence my car is worth a lot more. Collect adverts off the internet and that, similar to my car etc. which I already imagine is going to be hard?

Any ideas on how I can get best chance of getting more money guys?

Go on here, gumtree and pistonheads

Print off 5/6 adverts with a simialr spec/age milage/condition to your car.

Print off 5/6 photos of your car as close to the crash as possible. On the back of each one write the date that it was taken.

Send this all into the insurance company with a covering letter stating you feel the value of the payout is well below the value of the vehicle and the information mentioned before to support it.

Yeah I've to send links to the claim company which they forward onto engineers. So I'll attach pics of my car and cover letter.

I've included a load of adverts a few close to my cars spec and that but obviously hard to find.

Does take the piss abit mind the sky arnt really helping you considering they claim to be as entusiastic as the car owner about modded cars. Been with em 6/7 yrs and they arnt always cheapest but thought they where awesome. Tbh after hearing how uninvolved they are when you have an accident i think ill be going else where for cover tbh.

Few things I said / did when I disputed the first offer on my car were:

• Sent them pictures of my car looking immaculate that had been taken on a proper camera, condition was 100% perfect and told them it would be impossible to find another in that condition.
  • Explained the car had optional extra's only available from factory and thus would be difficult to get on another car and increased value of my car.
  • Explained I was first owner from import and again would be difficult to get a fresh import at a low value.
  • Explain that the nearest like for like car was over 100 miles away.
  • Sent adverts of overpriced car, mainly fresh imports from the like of DYC which are hugely overpriced.

I think I got them up from £2500 to £3700 which was £50 less than I payed for the car 3 years prior.

If you were rear ended also have you put an injuries claim in?

Edited by DavidAshton
  • 2 months later...

Update on this.

After a heck of a lot of arguing back and forward on email whilst I was working away and then on phone whilst at home. I have eventually made them realise my car is worth more than first valued. They have now raised vehicle value to 2695 which makes the accident value affordable to fix, therefore will no longer be a cat c and if will be getting 1510 quid for the damage to repair it myself. Considering I had a quote for 500 quid to fix it I think it's quite a good deal and makes up for some of the hassle I have had.

Thanks for all your help guys really did help me out.