Glanza v Conversion Forged High Spec!

Year: 1997

Model: Toyota Starlet

Tax: 31/5/2014

MOT: February 2015

Mileage: Shell 80k Engine 15k

Description:

Looking for a new home for my Starlet as the time has come to buy a house, I don't want to sell the car but needing the funds for the house :(

I've been building the car over the last 2 years constantly sourcing parts and information off this forum and I wouldn't have had the car at the stage its at if it wasn't for this forum!

I've spent well over 10k on the car as most of the others on this forum probably have aswell, its been a pleasure to build and it is now at the stage I've always wanted it to be at.

Its powered by a forged 5e that I bought from Browner off here, he sold me the engine apparently 'good running condition' but it was fu**ed when I received it so its just had the cylinder head rebuilt in January this year including new Athena 1.4mm headgaket, new ARP headbolts, genuine Toyota valve stem oil seals, new timing belt, new 430cc injector, new adjustable FPR, new TD low temperature thermostat and also just been mapped at Tuning Developments on an E-manage Ultimate and one of their billet 300 td04 hybrid turbos which are very nice!

The car has made 275Bhp at 1bar of boost, it was mapped safely and is capable of upto 1.4bar of boost.

Prior to mapping the car had new rotor arm, new distributor, new spark plugs and new magnecore leads fitted.

I have receipts for all the recent work and a dyno printout.

ENGINE;

Forged 1.5 5EFTE

74.5 mm JE Pistons

5EFHE Conrods

ACL Bearings

1.4mm Athena Headgasket

ARP Head bolts

Cruise valve springs

5EFHE High lift cams

Full Toyota gasket kit

430cc injectors

TD Adjustable FPR

New timing belt

New distributor

New rotor arm

New megnecore leads

New spark plugs

The engine runs very well and is not laggy due to it being the 5E, also is running quite high compression between 180-190psi across the pistons so it also lively off boost.

GEARBOX;

The gearbox was rebuilt 5k ago and had genuine Toyota bearings fitted also had a paint job and looks good

Has a Quaiffe LSD fitted also which comes with original warranty

New 3E Flywheel fitted in December

Greddy Stage 2 paddle clutch covered less than 10k

TURBO/EXHAUST;

WEPR Ram horn external wastegate turbo kit with

WEPR Ram horn manifold

WEPR S/S Downpipe

WEPR S/S Screamer

Tial wastegate

Tuning Developments billet 300 td04 hybrid turbo Covered less than 2k

Has a Jperformance exaust fitted from the de-cat back

CHASSIS;

Meister r zeta r fully adjustable coilovers

Full car polybushed including engine mounts, wishbones and anti roll bar, except rear axel only thing I never done

Front upper strut brace

Front lower strut brace

Rear optional extra 3 point strut brace

Rota subzeros wit eagle f1 tyres very good tread

ELECTRONICS;

Greddy E-manage ultimate ecu with 3 bar map sensor and field harness

Greddy E-01 boost controller

Greddy Turbo timer

Walbro 255lph fuel pump

Alpine Head unit

Also has;

Jperformance front mount intercooler

Civic radiator

evo 8 recaros

Momo race steering wheel

The car has been fully undersealed over the last 2 years and the under body is very clean!

I had the car fully re-sprayed in Milano red just after I bought her.

It also has launch control which sound the muts nuts and works very well if its a dry day.

The paintwork on the wheels is in good condition but the polished lip could be doing with getting re-done, there are no curb marks.

It could easily be re-mapped with the current setup to 1.4 bar and should make a lot of power but im happy with it sitting at 275 as that's very fast and fast enough for me :)

If I was keeping the car I would have the wheels re-done and front bumper and bonnet painted due to stone chips which are to be expected for a car of this age.

The car comes with piles of paperwork and receipts.

Genuine interest only please and no timewasters.

I have probably missed loads of other bits and bobs.

Price: £6500 The price is high but its a high spec car that still has loads of potential for more power. If I don't get the price I want then I will have to break the car which I really don't want to do because it would break my heart after spending so much time and money building her :( although I would get more money if I break her, please someone give her a new home as I hate seeing good examples of these cars being broke for parts and really don't want this one to be another.

Pictures:

starlet2.jpg

starlet3.jpg

IMG_02441.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

DSC00470.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

Contact Details: Contact Neil on 07572463350

Edited by rob_bower