Well, thought it's only fair to write a little review to counter-balance 'some' of the bad stuff I've been see'ing lately. Hopefully I am able to describe everything from start to finish.

I should start at around 2 months ago when I contacted mike to book my car in for EMU fitting and map. The day came, drove the 6hr's to t.d. On arrival we met mike in the reception area via a firm manly hand shake as should be expected when meeting someone new. Anyway, I handed my keys over and we planned to go to town or whatever to waste some time while it was all being done. However we ended up staying the whole day, partly watching, eating, but mostly talking to mike about pretty much anything and everything lol. The time passed so fast, we were there for like 9 hours or something like that! When I gave mike the keys, he came back into reception where we were sitting and mike said the head gasket had gone, or was certainly on it's way out. It was weeping oil down the block onto the floor drip by drip. I was absolutely gutted, having driven for 6 hours straight and £100 on fuel by this point. So, obviously I said fuck it put it on the dyno and see what happens. The car ran fine really, with constant checks and clean ups to the engine block to make sure it wasn't getting worse etc we ran some boost through it. It made 225bhp at 0.9bar on the first pull. This was obviously a good sign! Anyway, kept putting boost through it and in the end it made 308bhp at 1.4bar of boost. HOWEVER, my gizmo boost controller was playing up and it kept spiking it's tits off. So I just drove home and never got to use the car, because obviously the head gasket was on it's way out and the boost controller kept spiking. I turned it down to a bar for when I needed to drive the car.

Anyway, I got home after the ecu fitting and map. Next morning I got on facebook to mike asking when I could come back and have the work done to fix the problem. He pretty much said whenever, to cut a long story short. We worked out how we would do this, because obviously being from so far away it's too long of a drive to drop the car off, go home, then collect it another day. So mike offered a turn around which I couldn't refuse. Basically the offer was, I arrive on Friday morning for opening time, drop the car off, get a hotel over night, collect the car after mapping on Saturday. I agree'd to this, obviously. So I asked mike for an invoice prior to going up again so I knew a price. And cudos to mike because he sorted me out a hell of a price on some bits, so massive thank you there (as I expressed a fair few times already). So, the Friday the 24th (Friday just gone) rolls up and we leave at 3am to arrive for opening time which is 9:30am. We arrived at about 8:45 so made good time. Mike took the keys off me once again and nick got to work on the car. Also mike very kindly dropped us off at the hotel which was very nice of him.

The next day rolls round, tired, but fuelled on a hot breakfast we made our way back to t.d to see the progress. We got to t.d at about 1pm, walked round the corner and could hear my car ticking over behind the shutter. I was amazed it was running, didn't think it would of been running so soon. We waited around for about half hour or so and then the car went on the dyno for another map, or map tweak should I say. So stocked up on my new GFB boost controller ready to roll, I was excited for no boost spike and a solid figure. Now, bearing on mind I'm on stock head, me and mike estimated the car would make around 320bhp. The car kept pulling and made 343.9bhp at 1.6 bar of boost in the end. You could imagine my reaction at the end of the session. I was #HAPS.

Then I paid and fucked off home lol.

So there we go! Not a bad word to say about t.d from my way. All the boys down south east swear my t.d and for good reason. Nothing bad to report, never thought anything bad during the whole process, nothing pissed me off or got me a bit worried with how things were going to end up.

Both mike and nick have helped me out here no-end. From prices, to turnaround, to little bits like making up brackets for stuff just to tidy bits up that I never even asked for. Supplying me with new nuts and bolts, sticking on new rocker gasket for free and a couple of other bits. What more can I ask for?

Thanks for reading if you have made it this far. Thanks once more to mike and nick for everything.

Nice figure mate! And i am also a big lover of the TD boys. I've spoken to nick and mike loads of times and they are great lads. Who never give a second thought to providing nothing but the best service.

Nice to see a good experience being posted on here :-)

I also had a great experience with TD with my billet td04/05 and forged engine build.

Communication was great, regular updates, few niggly bits and bobs that needed sorting such as new bolts and brackets like Rbz has said we're sorted without hesitation.

TD is a business but unlike most, they have us at heart and want to help and keep out cars alive :-)

100% recommendation

If I was to be picky, they are busy and I did get charged £40 for a avcr to be fitted and it didn't get fitted purely through being rushed of there feet and mistakes do happen.. I havnt had my £40 back but I never asked for it because I did get a few reductions throughout my build

So on a hole.. Great stuff and I still go to them for parts now :-) best service about

Rob.