As most of you know the glanza has gone now so in the meantime i had to buy something to get me about, Cue the impulse buy of the celica 190!

Here are the first photos, It was in a shit state when i picked it up however has definetely had a lot of mechanical work and maintenance done, however the mods were definetely not up to scratch lol....

The paintwork was very shoddy and pink, Front bumper was a facelift but with a horrendous splitter attached which was smashed, all removeable interior plastics had been removed and painted red :bad: And a few other choice mod lol!

It took hours of machine polishing and cutting back of the paint but its pretty nice now, few little bits that need painting but its solid

It does have some sort of exhaust system, stainless but they have kept the huge cat in which has to go.

First mods we

re maintenance, give it a service, track rods ends and drop links. I also fitted some PI Springs to bring the shocking ride height down too.

New wheels were desperately needed (See below) So picked up some OZ Superleggeras and Vredstein Ultra Sessenta tyres

Fitted a japspeed CAI Also and removed yet more red paint from the engine bay!

Heres some photos anyway

The day i picked it up

20140405_184827_zpsd9ea069d.jpg

Lol at the bumper, paintwork and awful wheels hahahaha

20140405_184810_zps39392725.jpg

Paintwork before polishing

20140505_141024_zps1382963c.jpg

And after Polish, brake tidy up and a bit of underseal

20140505_190642_zpsbf0d0f2e.jpg

20140505_190636_zpse8194ca6.jpg

20140505_190605_zps22e04830.jpg

20140505_190614_zps950bb251.jpg

Interior which needs the speaker pods and tweeters painting, bar that its lovely and comfy and it has indiglo dials

20140505_190518_zps1207b300.jpg

Engine bay

20140505_190539_zps99c16b1d.jpg

And a sneaky photo of the S2K Turbo to be project on the drive :D

20140505_190934_zps18d7c049.jpg

Pretty happy with it at the moment, the engine is absolutely fantastic and its hoot to drive, Feel like it handles a lot better than the glanza did which is surprising, and its hellish quick down country roads and is very composed. Gearbox is lovely also.

Not as quick obviously but it goes well, and is a proper Hoon machine and loves to be abused.

This will do me for now, unless i end up keeping this and turboing it with a Yank turbo kit...

Or i sell up once i decide what im doing and see what else is out there to buy...

Thanks for looking and opinions welcome as usual

TT

Ahh cool looks good get some sealent and some carnauba on it mate will make the colour really pop t cuts a bit harsh tho leaves to many swirls get some chemical guys v36 ultimate cutting polish on her will look awesome :) where you live?? If you want me to detail it properly dude giz a bell :)

Mate. What did you do with that front bumper? You do realise that was a TRD one yeah?

I'm sure Toff will say but It was a ruined TRD lookalike one that had been fiber glassed and ruined by the previous owner mate

Edited by jimlols

I'm sure Toff will say but It was a ruined TRD lookalike one that had been fiber glassed and ruined by the previous owner mate

Ah fair enough.

And actually, looking online, the TRD ones have a big grille in them, not the awkward raised bit that comes halfway down the bumper; I assume that bit was bodged and fibreglassed on?

Ahh cool looks good get some sealent and some carnauba on it mate will make the colour really pop t cuts a bit harsh tho leaves to many swirls get some chemical guys v36 ultimate cutting polish on her will look awesome :) where you live?? If you want me to detail it properly dude giz a bell :)

I plan on trying to make it a bit better actually mate, I Only used T-Cut as i didnt think anything else would remove the pink and horrible white parts, There is still alot of swirl marks off the T-Cut That i need to remove, But it looks a lot better than it did! Would you say a bit more cutting polish, wax then a good sealant?

And just out of middlesborough mate, Near Guisborough :) I would definetely like someone to polish it properly for me mind!

Mate. What did you do with that front bumper? You do realise that was a TRD one yeah?

Hahaha, As Jim said bluebear it was a genuine TRD Or facelift bumper yes, however it had about 15kg of fibreglass, other gunk, and a cheap nasty splitter bonded to it, and it was all cracked on one corner off a kerb. Shame really, it will probably get a TRD Or facelift bumper with a lip on shortly, i only got the current one as it was 60quid delivered with fogs so couldnt knock it!

Ahh your about 2 hour away from me to make it perfect mate you'll need 2 types a medium grade compound and a jewellers polish medium grade to bring the paint back and make the colour pop then the jewellers polish to bring out the clarity and the reflection then seal it leave the sealant on at least an hour buff off then put some carnauba on it that will bring out the depth of the paint will look better than showroom :)

• 1 month later...