Ep82 to Ep91 loom converter

So basically I bought a power fc thats for both a glanza and a gt turbo but it came with a EP82 loom and being the cheap ass I am instead of buying a 91 harness I have decided to make a loom converter using the plug off my current standard ecu and cutting a ep82 field harness in half. I have seen a thread about this before but the links to the pictures are dead so im not sure what way it worked but it worked in the end anyways.

So some pictures.

Apexi Power FC EP82 Harness

IMAG0154_zpswvbfvlm5.jpg.

I started by cutting the connector out of the standard ecu which left me with this.

IMAG0157_zpsionvclod.jpg

Then I cut the ep82 filed harness in half which left me with this.

So the idea is to connect these two together so that I can plug the ep82 harness/ecu into my ep91.

So i started by connecting the wiring in the field harness to new ones that will join into the other connector from the old ecu, This was a very time consuming job since im no good with soldering but anyways theres 42 wires that need to be connected together here to extend it. Alll soldered then heat shrinked.

Harness cut in half

IMAG0151_zpszluccvfg.jpg

Slowly getting there

IMG-20140508-WA0001_zpsna0wzr1b.jpg

IMAG0156_zpsizvypkq6.jpg

IMAG0155_zpspji34hpl.jpg

A very very slow job that took roughly 5/6hours :(:(

The next bit is to solder the newly extended wires onto the ecu connector plug, this is going to be a even longer job since theres so little room and each wire has to be matched positions between the two ecu's then checked again and again to make sure its right then its alot tighter then the other side.

Some pictures of it connected together. I still have to finish it but so far im happy with what I've done.

IMAG0159_zpsttinn4u6.jpg

IMAG0160_zpsikkpvm5n.jpg

More to come when I get a chance...

Edited by karl.

I did this with my power fc, i directly modified the pfc loom tho. Works just fine. You will find that on the ep82 side theres 2 sensor earth pins. When you connect them on the ep91 side just connect both together on the one pin.

9a2242c0.jpg

Forgive me for being stupid but can you buy any power fc and just have a harness for ep91 and plug it in?

Sadly not, thats why they are so dear for the EP Series. They are originally out of a MR2 as far as I know and then adapted by AP Engineering to suit the starlets.