Hello peeps,

I'm just about to order my new number plates (found my log book at last) and as some of you might of seen, the number plates on my motor look like they came off a lorry (there massive)

Just a quick question really, do I get motor bike ones or does anyone know where I can get jap size plates? and also what size do they need to be to fit my Glanza?

Any help would be appreciated

Steely

To get you started mate some of us on here use 12" x 6" import size number plates.

They fit well into the number plate spaces. You can go smaller and most glanza/gt plates I've seen as standard look bigger.

To pass mot the fonts have to be quite big. I use separate standard plates for that, my import plates fonts are way to small.

I got mine off ebay, you can ask for what size you want, but you must express the font size to be able to pass MOT or they will make them small like they did mine.

More info will be along mate.

Joz

To get you started mate some of us on here use 12" x 6" import size number plates.

They fit well into the number plate spaces. You can go smaller and most glanza/gt plates I've seen as standard look bigger.

To pass mot the fonts have to be quite big. I use separate standard plates for that, my import plates fonts are way to small.

I got mine off ebay, you can ask for what size you want, but you must express the font size to be able to pass MOT or they will make them small like they did mine.

More info will be along mate.

Joz

Cheers mate,

I can start having a look around now.

I was toying with the idea of getting some black and white, old style plates but I dont fancy getting pulled over every 10 minutes :D

Thanks for the info

I went through a company called Demon Plates, there really good. Got to have exactly what I wanted i.e size of number plate, if I wanted a badge, border, and a little message on the bottom of the plate. Its quite good fun designing it as well, or do I just need to get out more!?!?! :D

There's even things for the background, but I wanted to try and keep as legal as poss. :D

I went through a company called Demon Plates, there really good. Got to have exactly what I wanted i.e size of number plate, if I wanted a badge, border, and a little message on the bottom of the plate. Its quite good fun designing it as well, or do I just need to get out more!?!?! :D

There's even things for the background, but I wanted to try and keep as legal as poss. :D

Sounds like fun to me :D

How much they set u back?

I got them, with the P&P for about £32, which aint bad really, considering I didnt even have to get my arse out of my chair to get them :)

Fingers crossed they should of been delivered today, ill see when I get in.

They look spot on Steely mate, much more tidier! :p

To get the pics you uploaded to display directly in future choose the last option instead of the one you used before B)

pbtips.jpg

Excellent work! Love the 'Glanza Turbo' font also.

Make sure to keep your old plates for MOT just in case the new one's fonts are too small.

Joz

ahh I thought I was doing something wrong, cheers for the info mate.

Yeah I think these plates look loads better. I also moved the fog light a little as well, as I was on my knees at the back of the car i thought i'd kill 2 birds with 1 stone.