Ok got a number of things going on at the moment that i'd like to get sorted.

Sometimes going from 1st to 2nd is very sticky and you get a big jolt when it releases.

Going from 4th to 3rd approaching roundabouts etc at speed, you can feel it drag sometimes and take 3 goes to engage.

Going from 3rd to 2nd to turn into a road, more often then not will not engage. When it does it's notchy, so normally take corners in 3rd then change to 2nd when I'm around corner. The engagement is then fine.

When I park up and switch off and go to put it in gear (1st) it can sometimes take several attempts.

If i start up sometimes and select reverse it will crunch. that being the only time it does. With all the above there is no noise.

Any help much appreciated.

have you tried bleeding the clutch fluid ? maybe a bit of air in the system

Done that a number of times mate. Also changed to a slightly longer slave rod and spherical bearing shifter bushes. You never know if it's going to do all these things or not. It's all a bit random.

What about your realise bearing? I've got a similar problem with mine being sticky coming out of first and on occasion it's difficult going into second mine is at td and I've asked mike to take a look!

Will look at that. But will leave anything like that until the clutch needs changing.

What about changing the gear oil ?

Done that mate and made no difference.

It's been like it for some time, started with the sticky 1st gear and over time the others have happened. It was all fine up until I started boosting it after being run in, been putting up with it ever since.

Check the height in your clutch pedal, if it's been messed with your slave may not be getting the pressure it needs to fully extend the clutch fork. Try raise the pedal height as high as it will go and work from there.

Could possibly be the syncros wearing out due to age and strain.

I know a couple of 4paw boxes have been done.

Will inspect the box once the clutch gives up.

Check the height in your clutch pedal, if it's been messed with your slave may not be getting the pressure it needs to fully extend the clutch fork. Try raise the pedal height as high as it will go and work from there.

I'll give that a go as not tried it yet.

What mileage you covered on yours now dude? As above could just be age and strain of boost on the box. Plenty of gt's and v's have crunchy/sticky box issues tbh.

What mileage you covered on yours now dude? As above could just be age and strain of boost on the box. Plenty of gt's and v's have crunchy/sticky box issues tbh.

There's about 98k on the chassis.

So there problems with most gears and reverse

Been dog engagement it can't a synchro fault

With out driving it I'd say the clutch isn't clearing fully

Input shaft still has some power going through it was clutch down

If it is bad get is sorted ASAP as you will only cause more damage by forcing it or driving around a problem

Miles? If so id say its just general wear and tear/strain on the box tbh. Time for a rebuild by the sounds of it :(

Yes mate that's miles.

Also how does it select gear with engine off?

Do revs drop when clutch pressed?

Looking again at your post, take cables off at gearbox and see if 1st gear fault remains

So after i finished work today with the engine cold and off, selecting 1st not a problem. Get home after 30mins or so normal driving and turn off, go to put it in 1st and takes 4 or 5 goes to get it in with no problem.

This got me thinking and it's the same for the other problems. First thing in the morning everythings fine until I've driven for a similar amount of time then they randomly start appearing.

No drop in revs when clutch pressed.

Edited by DevonGT