panhard rod help

right, i have sourced the problem of my bent rear end. the panhard rod was bent but it has now snappd completely and it is not a very nice feeling. the backend keeps swaying back and for and you can see the wheels actually moving back and for.

im sure I've heard of an adjustable panhard rod which adjusts the camber. is this true and if so where can i get one from because i wnt my 17s right up in the arches.

Please help! thanks guys Sparky

There is indeed adjustable panhard rod most known would be whitelines and you can purchase it straight from whiteline or demon-tweeks. Other options would be RS*R`s or cuscos but both hard to find so according to me not bother.

However there is something incorrect the camber cannot be adjusted as we have a solid rear axle and therefore the camber is fixed. You only change the rods length to align it as with the current design when you lower the car the rear axle goes a little left if am not mistaken.

There is indeed adjustable panhard rod most known would be whitelines and you can purchase it straight from whiteline or demon-tweeks. Other options would be RS*R`s or cuscos but both hard to find so according to me not bother.

However there is something incorrect the camber cannot be adjusted as we have a solid rear axle and therefore the camber is fixed. You only change the rods length to align it as with the current design when you lower the car the rear axle goes a little left if am not mistaken.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is actually adjustable on it and does it make much difference to the handling? how much would i be looking at for one of these?

Thanks for the help

Yep Robbo got me. And he site is pretty good i will just add this site where is an animated explanation of what the adjustable panhard rod does:

http://www.rs-r.co.jp/products/lateral/index.htm

watch the flash i think its very enlightining. The price for whiteline`s should be approximately 66gbp. and most of the other jap solutions have similar price...

WOW, that was really helpful, thanks for the help guys. Is it £66 from demon tweeks and how long would it take to come because I've gotta get her back on the road as soon as possible. i would have geos off haim but ghe hasnt got back to me yet.

Thanks again guys, Sparky

Mmm delivery times is a mystery from whiteline. If demon tweeks have it on stock (check that from their site) its only delivery time-i guess a couple of days. if they dont have it in stock it will be a problem cause whiteline is closed for x`mas and even if the werent closed their shippings are a bit slow.

And yes the price was from demon tweeks.

Right, ive taken the rod off and can see that its completely shagged, but it looks like where it bolts onto the rear beam is bent. could someone please confirm that where the panhard rod joins to the rear beam is dead straight or is the bolt part at a slight angle? (this may not makes sense but its quite hard to explain!!) :)

Cheers guys