Safe boost for a td04 forged internals

Short and simple i guess

What is a safe boost level for a glanza with a td04

Have forged rods/pistons/acl race bearings/3mm gasket/front mount etc etc lots of work done

Walbro 255 pump , (think i'm in stock injectors not sure how to tell)

It's running 12 psi at the mo

If i fit a boost controller can i turn it up or is a tuner needed ?

Thanks adam

Ok , thanks for the reply this is my first turbo car so still getting clued up on things.

Could anyone recommend a good tuner? I'm in leicestershire so the closer the better

Thanks

Adam

your limits wont be on the engine as it is forged,

your limit will be on the TD04 as it wont take much more than 1.3/1.4 bar of boost but its already been said get some decent management should be your first port of call buddy

Edited by russ78

Thanks for the replies all , did have a good look through but Couldn't find the info.

I will get a good ecu russ and take her to the dyno see what they think it's capable of

Thanks allot all!

As said don't just turn the boost up without getting a tuner to map it or she will go bang regardless weather she is forged or not buddy!

Edit** give mike at tuning developments a call he will be able to advise you on what will be suitable for what you want mate!

Edited by Jim*

get it tuned for sure as the others have said

as for max boost, the usual on a td04L is around 1.4bar....but sometimes guys hit 1.6 bar for a short time (this tends to shorten the turbo's life)

it will most likely taper off in the high revs anyways to around 1.1 - 1.2 bar if you use a stock tdo4L

Thanks all ! , @jim i sent them an e-mail as they seem to have a really good reputation!

And also thanks H D i'll give them a call!

I will definatley get her looked at before contemplating increase of power as she has abit of an unknown history.. ( have paperwork

For 9k labour without price of parts fitting all these insane mods) @richard it sais on the paperwork she is just a td04 mate

Thanks allot all! Great info.

I'll let you all know how she gets on in about 3-4 weeks time

Yeah i think i hit abit of a barn find richard as the car itself isnt the best of nick, but the engine runs great and have a massive list of receipts.

Did a straight swap with my ep2 civic which i thought was incredible for a rare glanza with this kind of work. Just needs allot of tlc!

But then there is nothing to say its had an engine swap, parts removed, been ragged to bits.. so abit of hit and miss i guess, i'll fix her up tho 👍

Edited by Adam M