i just sorted this problem, youll have to follow the lead all over the place and try and isolate a faulty wire with a multimeter bud. grounds are also something to pay extra attention to.

king leads are always going wrong, if you have some scrap wire you can make a temp one to see if it is the king lead. they can be intermittent though, appearing to work when you test it but not when its on the car.

Edited by Chops

the wires that connect the ignition system together, particularly ones that come close to heat sources or are in areas that make them likely to be susceptible to corrosion. its probably something small, though mine turned out to be my king lead, a knackered connection and my alternator.

Edited by Chops

phh bawls to that, i got quoted 260 odd for a new alternator, no way that was happening. get yourself a second hand jobbie, they might even be the same as the uk spec 4efe igniters, though dont quote me on that, im no professional leccy

o man really takes 10/15 min to check

you can do this urselve first get your ecu pinout diagram then disconnect the ecu now you can access the pins on the plug

al you knead is a length of wire to reach from your multimeter inside to the engine bay plugs on dizzy coil and igniter