Death Race 2007

Hey guys,

Did anyone watch ITV1 London tonight? The program 'Death Race 2007' was on, and it was talking about 'Boy racers' filming themselves on camera going over the speed limit, etc.

They then got 4 'boy racers' to go on the Silverstone track with a British Touring car champion, Jason Plato, so he could tell us how thier driving was.

They then started going after the people who own the video uploading sites, such as youtube and asking them whether they felt any guilt as to hosting such dangerous videos.

The idiot who videod himself doing 140 down a road was caught because his friend uploaded his video on youtube :( , was on the show and participated in the track experiment. One of the other guys apparently is one of the worst drivers Jason Plato had ever seen! :(

IMO, these kind of people just ruin the name of the 'boy racers' or 'car enthusiasts'.

And the program is deliberatly trying to strike against the car enthusiast community because there are plenty of other people who drive reclassly, 4x4 drivers who can't stick to one lane, richer people with supercars that they don't put to waste, old grannies that can't seem to see past the steering wheel, etc. They deliberatly point the finger at us lot.. <_<

Anyone else want to add anything? :D

I haven't watched this yet but i've got it saved on my computer to watch tomorrow.

I find the middle aged are just as bad at driving. I drive into Manchester city centre Monday to Friday and you don't get many young people working near me. It's all business men/women with big cars thinking they own the road. They are cocky and arrogant. It pisses me off so much im considering the switch to public transporrt in January. I've had too many near misses with them.

But then there is the other side of the argument. The only people i see thrashing round my area are boy/girl racer chavs. I had a silver corsa drive straight at me last week and he or she only just missed me.They get there licenses and mummy and daddy buys them a car and think they can do what they want. I had a laugh like everyone does but i did it in a massive industrial estate carpark. No kids or other cars. I've seen people hurt at cruises and crashes aswell.

I do admit i occasionally speed on the motorway but in my own opinion i have done so many miles on there i believe i know when it's safe for me to speed or not. Common sense really.

I would love for people who drive like this in built up areas to come to my work for a day. I have seen some of the worst personal injuries from bad driving that it makes you think everytime you turn the key. The most common excuse i here is "i just didn't see them."

Thats my 2p anyway

Bourkey

im afraid i cant really argue with wot u guys have said!

i have had ALOT more near misses from arrogant buisness style car drivers who just DONT have a clue and old folk than i have had from boy racers. one thing that pisses me off most is arrogant THICK idiots in their big cars and 4x4s, and other general idiots, who CANNOT seem to figure out how to use roundabouts!!! like theres some great mystery as to how they work!!! they just cut straight across them and then look at u as if u were the one who did something wrong!!! tards!

Phil.

I found it amusing when driving up to Manchester this past weekend how whenever I had some tool tailgating me in the fast lane - expecting it to be a spotty face boyracer tool - it turned out the be a Vauxhall Zafira or One of hundreds of Business-Men ish cars....and here's me thinking family & money gets people sensibility & maturity...

Your right there rik. Dont it just piss you off when your doing 75-80 in the fast lane and some twat in a suit comes up your arse. You just pray for a speed gun for folk like that.

Onto the program.

I found it hilarious! :(

Especially when that bald bloke's getting the interview and wilson goes. "This video of a biker doing 172mph, driving dangourously though roads is sending out the wrong message to drivers and bikers.......and you have it in your entertainment section?"

I pissed myself at that :D

Simple rule is, abide by the speed limits and dont drive like a twat like the four chavs they had on their driving with Jason Plato. His comments were also very funny <_<

if your sittin in the middle or outside lane and your not overtaking anything u have no right to be there, doesnt matter if your doin 75 or 80, just because u are doing those speeds doesnt give u the rigt to sit out there for no damn reason. unless your overtaking somethin slower than urself its the inside lane at all times.

i agree tho if your sittin out there doin an overtake and some posh fucker is up your arse its annoyin because u are doin an overtake, u just cant do it as quickly as his 2ltr passat or wotever, but if he's up your arse because your in his way for no reason then move! u have no right to stop him doin 90mph, u aint the cops.

some old man actually did that over here once, he sat in the outside lane doin NO speed and the cops pulled him in and asked wot the hell he thought he was doin! he replied, i'm slowing down pppl driving too fast'!!!! ARE U FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! piss away off and die u prick!!! u aint the cops! who do u think u are!!!! some people!

Phil.

I can't understand why people can't use motorways and roundabouts properly. It's not rocket science....really.

Stick to the left when possible. That's it really.

People that sit in the middle lane really get on my tits!

God, I love a good rant about the misuse of roundabouts and motorways!!!!

Its good to get it off your chest tho eh.

But did anyone think that the hosting websites should feel responsible for the videos it has?

Do you really think that people would copy that kind of behaviour?

IMO, i don't think its any worse than films you get in the cinema, or even watchdog where they show blind spots the cameras can't see or how people broke into a house.. if you should blame the hosting site then you have to blame everyone else aswell...

Any more thoughts?

Hate that when someone sits in the fast lane doing about 60 :(

Have to resort to undertaking them, then feel bad as technically you're not supposed to

Feel bad about it...u puff <_<

I love doing it and then cutting them right up and sitting at 60 right in front of them...toss bags :D

IMO, i don't think its any worse than films you get in the cinema, or even watchdog where they show blind spots the cameras can't see or how people broke into a house.. if you should blame the hosting site then you have to blame everyone else aswell...

Excellent point there. Films can be ten times worse than any film on a hosting site. The fast and furious trilogy? The italian job? Do i need to carry on?

Fair enough i can see the point of them telling us not to speed or drive dangerously BUT it's not just us "young male drivers" as they put it. Every type of driver is to blame. My friends grandmother has been done for speeding TWICE!!!!!! in the past 18 months. And she regularly does it. Funnily enough she drives a cute little red car...a Starlet.

I've taken notice to the program as im guilty of speeding somewhat on the motorway but they can't just say it's all us.

I was talking about single lane roads (A and B roads etc)

And yes, I do drive at the speed limit, before people accuse me of driving way below normal speed B)

Yea but then i normally make sure i am on thier arse around the bends then afterwards and they dont like it :p

As alot of you know i was in a car acident not so long ago and (dont laff) a horse ran out into the road and straight into my car. and every fuker that turned up at the accident acuzed me of speeding (fukin wankers) but the person that owned the horse said i wasnt because she could see me drivin down the road while she was chasin her horse up her little farm lane. The horse wrecked my car whitch i dont care about it's the fact that every body was there to point the finger at me which wasnt my fault at all.

and whose insurance did we go through. mine because she doesnt have insurance for her horse on the road but she still rides them on the road nearly everyday. WHAT A FUCKIN JOKE!

I wasn't going to reply to this thread but !Rush! you got it bad! That really sucks, I'm sorry about that.

My opinion is the same as many other peoples. Being accused of things aren't nice, I drive sensibly and often get people looking at me like I'm a shit driver because of my age. No, I don't have as much experiance as you, but yes, I do know how to use a roundabout. It's a roundabout not a bloody stop-about! Don't go unless you can get to the exit without blocking other people!

*Ahem*

Not sure if I should say this on a public forum, but I ONLY muck around in EMPTY car parks IN and industrial estate with NO houses nearby.

Cheers.

[EDIT] Missed the program, anybody know if it's online? Cheers.