Random question time xxx fuel cut

Right... Tell me I'm right please..

To reach fuel cut you actually need to exceed the standard manifold pressure that the engine is supposed to make yea?

For example:::: if I fit a new exhaust to my fc rx7 I wouldn't hit fuel cut until I booted the bastard and made slightly more boost than the ecu intended .. Not when I started driving with rising boost

Wanker car

Yea bosst cut will only hapen when you build enough pressure to exceed the pre set limit. E.g 1bar boost cut so can drive a starlet about on a gt35 with manifold to suit all day but as soon as it makes 1bar stock ecu would boost cut.

E.g only before everyone jumps on how bad an idea that would be lol.

Just converted an rx7fc na to a turbo ii ...

Fitted an hks exhaust system from the turbo back and the bastard will tickover and build up revs fine but as soon as you try and drive it it splutters and coughs like a bitch

Thing is if you have a stock na ecu in there fuel cut will be waaaay less than the demand of fuel for a turbo lol. And yea as above with a decent exhaust you will hit fuel cut even quicker! Simple math, more air needs more fuel. If using na ecu you will want an fcd, rrfpr, and an uprated or turbo rx7 fuel pump minimum!

Edited by shorty

BE6E2C52-D065-4658-8DDB-BF7941851D52_zps

The fc vert was the turbo donor and was fucking rotten. The other was a na mint shell with dead rotor tips... It made sense to do a complete swap!

Wait till you see this fucker at jae. I sourced some amazing and rare volks for the owner as well.. It's going to be sick and it's so close to completion

Fucked wiring to the inlet mani was the cause of the original issue and then the hks exhaust have us fuel cut anyway lol

It only has to exceed the standard boost limit by 1psi and it shuts the rear rotor down..