How reliable is your starlet?

Mine has had a few probs along the way....

Coil packed up last year

Ive had to change the HG

Changed the clutch (that is to be expected though)

Gearbox is dieing

Oh and i snapped a gear shift cable the other month (i dont recomend this trick as they are £125!!!

BUT, and here is the BUT. My car has now past 200k km (125k miles) That is a lot for a 1.3 turbo. Yes there are more reliable cars out there, but for a turbo car it is very reliable.

It goes with the territoty, a car like ours gets treated hard (well mostly anyway) and most will have had a hard life. If it was a R5 or uno/punto turbo, it would have been blown up several times before covering the miles mine has (if even possiblt to reach it haha). I also use my car on track/airfield days etc so again it goes with the territory - you treat it hard you will have more maintanence regardless of how reliable the car is

Well, as of most cars, if you take care of it, it will take care of you. Don't rag it cold, well... generally try not to rag it really :(

Nah, i've had no problems except my interior light keeps going... don't know why either, but not really fussed about finding out. I can turn it on and off, theres just no auto <_<

Good luck with finding a nice starlet! Which kind are you going for?

i firstly bought a quadlight over a year ago and no probs with it, still have it and jus passed mot on sat nite passed there with no hitches! bough another starlet now and no probs, very reliable wee car! wee bump for me, my first starlet is for sale, its a silver gt! <_<

been running my sr for over a year now very reliable apart from the battery getting a bit flat once!!! no big mechanical probs (touch wood) only thing ive replaced one wheel front wheel bearing!! But like Big T said if you look after it properly it should last well!! and mine gets wragged regular <_< and is still going strong!!!

Hahaha no sorry. Hes a proper member on there, posts a lot etc. One day I joined up to take the piss a bit, and posted up asking if i could tiger seal my alloys into my car 'because my alloys were the wrong fitment. Everyone sussed I was joking, so i made a thread about my starlet. Most seem to like it and think its the fastest thing ever, but some are twats. Ah well..

I c, well... i don't know what you've been saying, but lets hope its not another one of these... (its about the scooby owners coming onto the starletclub to start somthing..)

http://toyotagtturbo.com/showthread.php?t=5744

And this is how it ended...

http://toyotagtturbo.com/showthread.php?t=6626

Anyways... back to the topic, is your disgustingly ugliest car reliable montanajr? <_<

My Car has had the worst 17,000 miles it could possibly ever have..ragged from cold everyday hit rev limiter in most gears about 50 times a day at least, pure thrashing in snow and ice and it always starts and has never failed me unless I have bumped it :(

You wont go wrong with a Starlet mate <_<

My Car has had the worst 17,000 miles it could possibly ever have..ragged from cold everyday hit rev limiter in most gears about 50 times a day at least, pure thrashing in snow and ice and it always starts and has never failed me unless I have bumped it :(

You wont go wrong with a Starlet mate <_<

dont buy this one when its up for sale! lol!

Yeah I've had no probs with mine, only has 34k on the clock, about 13k of that has been raged though. Only problems I've had with it are Runs out of petrol <_< and the battery goes flat when you run outa petrol and leave the lights on... D'oh!

I think its safe to say, they take a lot of abuse and come back for more.

61k on my clock, mixture of small shopping journeys, long journeys (Bristol to Leeds 210miles ish) and ragging (days that i 4get how expensive petrol is now) B)

No serious - or minor for that mater - issues

......get one!

Mike

P.S. they dont start making 'worn out' noises and rattling in the engine after say 90,000m

ohh my god&#33;&#33;. Some douche bag just said this about my starlet:

"Disgustingly ugliest car ever.

How you can say it looks mean is beyond me, most of these are more unreliable than French tin cans, ... Saxos etc."

Rofl.

Totally agree with them about your car............................. :pB)B)

JOKE.

Lets not start the topic of french cars again please :p