Newbie picked up my broken GT

Hello everyone now I been on forum for a few weeks to pick peoples brains and search the for sale stuff

I would like to thank all the members who have provided me parts and helped me get this GT home.

The car has had a troubled past and I am going to sort this out.

The last owner used it as a daily hack spun a big end bearing

So I picked her up for 400 on agreement he was to keep certain bits this was no problem I didn't like the bits he kept ;)

So put her on the dolly and got her home gave her a clean and now made a shopping list

Here she is

Posted Image

Posted Image

The rebuild will be starting in a few weeks

Any suggestions? Wheel colour perhaps?

Oh and I am from Chester will be attending all jap shows from next year ;)

Thanks mate I like it to! Normally don't like black on black but it kinda works ATM but will consider going antherite on wheels

Rebuild gonna cost a bomb but rather do that than chance a second hand engine

It has its issues but I will sort them it will be like a new car

I have a complete GT sitting in the garage for almost 2 years now. Engine still mint on that, about 60k but it is an automatic. I could arrange parts you need if you are interested. Give me a shout whenever you are ready. You can even come for a day to hear the engine running and maybe go for a spin ; on private owned land of course :) I drive it once evry month to keep everything running. Always starts first time without any issues. Bog standard apart from wheels and a dump valve.

Car is based close to Sheffield area in storage.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Yes this is a bargin and so happy with it OK it needs lots of TLC but I have given myself 6 months to get it sorted

I cannot wait to get it going

This will take its time due to money comming in slow!

I have bought myself a bottom end already so will be rebuilding this up with bits I buy weekly

TRD if I could afford the bits you got I would love to buy the engine and such but I very much dout it. How come it just sits there?

So what colour should wheels go? So undecided haha

Thanks Luke it far from mint

Needs new bonnet due to areo catch's are not the best of fits plus loads of stone chips

Needs rear break lines

Hand brake cable

Rear calipers refurbed

Pads all round

Engine rebuild

Boot carpet sorting

Got lots of plans for it

Firstly will rebuild the engine with all new gaskets and seals won't be going forged because money doesn't allow

But I will replace 90% stuff with new stuff

Engine bay shot! Very untidy!

8ysa2umy.jpg

One of the main things I will do is remove things I simply do not need such as the rest of the air con ect

Edited by amatthews45