I've been a member on here for a while now and ive been pretty quiet just been looking around reading up and looking to see what other people have been doing to there glanzas. This is the first turbo car ive owned and thought i'd take things slow ( Hmm that lasted 2 Seconds). Scince having the car i've had a few problems :p the hks exhaust was blowing so ive now replaced the it with a 5zeigen one it then went to the bodyshop to have the front bumper opened up and the side skirts replaced and a small piece of rust sorted but when the side skirts were removed i was informed that its had to new quarter panels fitted ive had the passenger side sorted but it needs to go back to have the drivers side done. Then the drivers side rear strut started leaking B) hmm im now thinking maybe i should have stuck with my delsol i replaced the whole lot with D2's. Then i bought i HKS ssqv to replace my bailys but it wouldnt fit because of the way the piping ran on the cooler so i replaced that whilst i was doing that i noticed that the exhaust mounting bracket had cracked off the head B) . Buy now i thought sod it so i bought a new head had it ported polished and skimmed and ive got to go on it,Hybrid ct9,road runner mani,decat,exedy clutch,trd short shift,metal head gasket,walbro fuel pump,sard rrfpr,braided fuel lines, and lots more but i carnt remember lol!!! Ive also replaced the wheels to auto x's because the old sparcos where a bit knackered. Im going for a clean engine bay that you can eat your dinner off so watch this space!!! when she goes back off to the bodyshop ill get them to fit my toms rear spat and oem front splitter. Thanks for reading and any comments are welcome.

Andrew

Picture018-1.jpg

Picture014-1.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Super clean Glanza, a really well looked after example!

Looks totally awesome with the Rotas mate!

Looking forward to seeing the new parts fitted, sounds tasty! B) (Not sure if those Toms rear spats will go with the stock Glanza kit though?!)

I went down to crawley on saturday to Jap performance parts (www.japperformanceparts.com) to pick up some Evo8 seats for my glanza got fed up of sliding around all over the place in the standard ones!! :ph34r: . There in really good nick a few scratchs on the plastic back panel got them at a good price and didnt have to buy the hole lot either just got the front seats. Hoping to fit them at some point not sure if im going to mod the evo rails or buy some so they just bolt in.

Andrew

Picture032-1.jpg

Anybody who could shed some light on how to fit them would be great. I do welding by trade so it shouldnt be to hard to fit i hope ;)

I went down to crawley on saturday to Jap performance parts (www.japperformanceparts.com) to pick up some Evo8 seats for my glanza got fed up of sliding around all over the place in the standard ones!! :ph34r: . There in really good nick a few scratchs on the plastic back panel got them at a good price and didnt have to buy the hole lot either just got the front seats. Hoping to fit them at some point not sure if im going to mod the evo rails or buy some so they just bolt in.

Andrew

Picture032-1.jpg

Anybody who could shed some light on how to fit them would be great. I do welding by trade so it shouldnt be to hard to fit i hope ;)

where is this shop. i know crawley but not well

where is this shop. i know crawley but not well

if you aa route finder it mate its pretty is to get to off the m23 mate junction 10. Its right next to a retail park where halfords,next,pc world is dude. I was looking at the rails its £300 for the pair!!! thats the same as what the seats cost :ph34r: . But fully worth means you can remove the seats and sell them on ;) . Really looking forward to doing the rest of the work i think the engine should be just as clean and shinny as the outside. Bought some engin block paint :p

Andrew

• 2 months later...

Well its been a busy couple of months with the old glanza sorting silly small things out which are always the most anoying :p . Ive been ordering bits like mad getting ready to remove the engine so i can finally change the head over and hybrid the ct9. Ive had the head fully worked and number 4 exhaust port opened out the guy said it was the most restricted compaired to the other 3. While the engines out im going to paint the block and do some wire tucking to make the engine bay look a little fresher and cleaner to the eye

These are all the bits i have so far -HKS Actuator,Cambelt,Head bolts,Head bolt washers,Full gasket set ( no sure is there one between the block and gearbox?),New cam cover bolts,New battery terminals,Water pump,Thermostate,Sard rrfpr,Fuel pressure gauge,Alternator P/s belts,Road runner mani and de-cat,Idler bearing,Tensioner,New earth cable and new cable covering,Greddy boost controller. I still have to get the Clutch,Metal head gasket,Braided fuel lines,New engine mounts,Thermo tape,Gear box oil,trd quick shift and if anyone could think of anything else that i may have forgoten would be great.

The car has also been in bodyshop having a factory front lip fitted and some toms rear spats which i bought off MK Glanza before crimbo cheers bud and the glanza side decals refitted B) Shes starting to get there now.Also fitted my EVO 8 seats which was mega easy and took around 4hours to do a very easy mod also removed the dash and blocked off to vents so i could fit my bost controller and oil pressure gauge unfortunality the sandwich plate was to big :p so im guessint the sard one that toby sells will fit B) . Im hopeing when shes all finished she will be running around 200bhp and should be finished for Jae fingers crossed!!

Picture034.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Picture036-1.jpg

Picture.jpg

Picture037-1.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Picture035.jpg

WOW WOW WOW!!!

What a transformation she looks awsome!!!

Loving what you done with the heater vent in the centre :D

What gauges are in that pod they look nice :rolleyes:

Some better pics of the rear please :lol:

Thanks for all the nice comments guys :lol: its taken a while to get her where she is would have owned her a year in may!!. They are ac autotechnic gauges ac's big in the honda scene used to have them in my del sol have one more to fit have a triple a-piler guage holder on its way from toby :rolleyes: . Does anyone know what oil the gearbox should take ? it has a lsd. I'm really thinking about ordering a zep racing rear spoiler as well to finish off the out side think there sex!! . I would have fitted a rear lip if i could have found one but i think the rear spats look much better now there fitted and a bit different to what most people have as well.