Right i've finally got round to making this project thread, should have done it months ago really!

Anyway brought the car back in feb for £300 it was an absolute barging tbh, 10 months mot and 7 months tax and nearly full service history! Body works quite tatty but mechanically its sound, done 110k and still drives smooth as anything!

Heres a couple of pics of it when i got it.

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

Had to put a Radiator in it as that was nakered and just gave a complete going over greasing everything and changing all the fluids.

Quite alot has changed on it since then, I found a Yaris SR that was getting scrapped so i got the Alloys and exhaust of that as the original exhaust was gone, i fitted the exhaust but it still needs a bit of messing around to get it to sit propperly. I also made a Front splitter out of 2 2013 yaris splitters, and i removed the bump strips and rear wiper. So far all ive brought for the car is the rad as this build is on a serious budget!

anyway heres some pics of how it stands now.

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

Next on the list is a Set of shocks and lower springs as the shocks are completely gone, so if anyone knows of a set going cheap let me know.

Cheers Laurence

Would have preferred a 3 door but was in desperate need of a car and it was the first thing that came up, not going to to mad with it, it's just a bit of fun.

Edited by Budnbass

Im not sure mate im fairly new to all the technical stuff ep91 stuff is more than likely to fit.

im pretty sure both ep91 and 82 suspension struts are the same if you are looking to uprate your suspension too mate!

Thanks mate, I'd love to keep it how it is and drop a 4efte in it, make it the ultimate sleeper! Maybe I will some day but I can't justify spending that amount of cash on it atm. What have you done to yours?

Very nice, bet that surprises a fair few people! I'm going to be getting an fte intake mani soon, I've read on here about people turning the TPS to fit on the n/a does that really need to be done and is the fte throttle body nesessary or can I just use the original NA throttle body?

I didn't know whether the FTE throttle body diameter was bigger than an NA one? and if it is larger I'm guessing it'll just be restricting the air flow to by sticking the NA throttle body on the FTE inlet, may have to try both and see what happens

• 1 month later...

Haven't updated this in a while but there's been some progress, got hold of a set of shocks and 40mm lowering springs (i think they're 40mm) the other week for £50 which i was really happy with, my shocks were shot and knocked all the time so they were well overdue a replacement! Here's how i got them, they were pretty dirty and rusty but generally all in good condition.

IMG_0749.jpg

I stripped them down and gave them a good clean, sand down, and a lick of paint. I couldn't get the rear shock top nuts off so just painted them as they were.

IMG_0813.jpg

And then finally got round to fitting them today, rides a'lot better, obviously a bit stiffer than before and the ride height doesn't seem to be that low but ill give it a week or so to see how much it drops by after its all settled down then ill post a couple more pics of it.

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

Haven't done much else apart from paint the wiper arms, It has however developed a sort of cough/hesitation/missfire when cruising along about 30-40mph, it seems fuel related as the engine just kind of stops for half a second so im guessing either the fuel filters blocked or the fuel pumps on its way out, got a fuel filter at work so going to try that first and see how it goes, anybody else suffered with this?

Edited by Budnbass

It's only started doing it in the past couple of weeks, I'll change the fuel filter some time this week and let you know if it solves it. I was going to clean out the distributer aswell see if that's got anything to do with it.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got round to fitting a few things this weekend! Had a Glanza inlet manifold sitting on my bench for a month now so got that fitted today, and whilst i was there i had a half arsed attempt at polishing my rocker cover, looks 10x better but still not perfect.

IMG_0964.jpg

The Inlet manifold seems to have made it alot more responsive and also made the exhaust note a bit louder/deeper :)

To anyone who's fitted on of these to a N/A what did you do with the throttle cable, as ive only got the bracket held on by one bolt and had to adjust it all the way to the end. It works fine but would be interested to seem if there's any other ways of doing it?

IMG_0965.jpg

I Also Changed the cambelt today and lower cambelt cover which i thought was causing a squeeling noise i get when pulling away but it turns out my alternator belt was completly nakered so got both belts on order for monday, then i can give it a propper road test and see if this manifold has changed the performance.

Next on the list is some sort of induction kit/cold air feed as now the standard air box is stretched to the max with the glanza inlet being shorter!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to be sorting out the exhaust This weekend making the back box fit a bit better. I was considering cutting out the silencer in the centre section, has anybody done This and if so what were the results? I don't wanna loose back pressure making it slower just for a bit of noise...

Cheers