Morning folks,

This week I will be collecting my new daily chariot, and this one is a little bit more special than my past couple of dailies, better spec etc. She's white with anthracite powder coated (from OEM) alloys, 2011 so fairly fresh, and I'd like to get her gleaming as best she can, and also try and maintain that as best as possible.

So, my question is, what products do you recommend for keeping a white car, white?

My dad has given me a bottle of Poorboy's polish for white cars - I assume a good dose of SRP, followed by the Poorboys, followed by a wax or sealant would be best?? I'm almost out of Autoglym HD Wax, so I'll be in the market for something to wax / seal the paint if you can recommend something durable for a car doing roughly 90 miles per day?

Also, can anyone recommend a good cleaner and/or sealant for the wheels? I dont want to let the brake dust build up in the recesses and then bed itself in or destroy the coating as has happened on my Speedlines as I never sealed them, so can anyone recommend anything tough and durable so that the dust / dirt will hose off?

Also, if any of the Northern Ireland chaps read this, do you know of anywhere in NI that does the clear protective film wrap stuff for bonnets and bumpers? Price depending I would consider investing in that for her to keep the stone chips at bay.

Never owned a white car before and dont want it to end up cream or brown, so any assistance is much appreciated folks.

Cheers,

Phil.

As for paint the dodo juice white diamond stuff really impressed me. Fairly expensive, but it really brought the dull paint up on mine and did seem to last for a good while.

As for wheels, poorboys sealant seems to be the no1 choice.

As for cleaner, I love the mainz apocalypse stuff, or iron-x is the same stuff I think. (It lifts everything, coming from someone with white wheels haha)

Anyway, enjoy the new motor!

Use chemical Diablo wheel gel for the wheels mate you won't regret it trust me

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=32

And as for wax use any if these there all fantastic dodo juice and meguires have nothing on these guys best products iev ever used

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/mobile/Category.aspx?id=2

And here's the uk site

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/mobile/

Dale :)

thanks for the replies gents, loks like I have some reading to do.

Also going to check out the Mainz guys seeing as they are a trader, see what they have.

Found someone local to work who applies the clear protective film to bonnets and bumpers - does anyone have any experience of using this stuff? I know Liam D had it on his sexy green N/A.

Phil.

thanks for the replies gents, loks like I have some reading to do.

Also going to check out the Mainz guys seeing as they are a trader, see what they have.

Found someone local to work who applies the clear protective film to bonnets and bumpers - does anyone have any experience of using this stuff? I know Liam D had it on his sexy green N/A.

Phil.

(Clear bra) as it's knows is good expensive tho needs to be applied by a professional but you can wax it seal it wash it like you can any paintwork :)

You would only need to polish a clear bra when it becomes scratched swirls and scratches can appear in a clear bra just like they can in paint the only time you should ever use a polish is to remove defects but yea you can polish clear bra by machine or hand it's very very tough stuff

Best tip I can give you mate is find what you like the best and find easy to use. Use it and use it often there's no rules to say you can't wax your car every week polishing is different you should only polish when needed but if you keep on top of your wax you won't have to polish because your paint will be nicely protected :)

Just thinking over your last advice there Dale bud, I've always been an Autoglym user, its what my dad and bro use and I just followed suit and I have to admit I am a fan of their stuff and find it easy to use.

Picked up some AG tar remover and a bottle of their Clean Wheels on Friday after work, I have the remains of some HD wax left and I have been reading up on their Aqua Wax on Detailing World as well as SRP Vs Ultra Deep Shine. I think for this white car, certainly initially anyway to see how it goes (if the weather would ever bloody improve here!!!) I will try a regime of SRP and HD Wax (as necessary), with routine top ups using the Aqua Wax, all applied by hand as I haven't exactly mastered the art of the machine!

If I find the HD Wax isnt up to it, I will try something else once it runs out. there isn't much left anyway.

Phil.