Running a CT9 hybrid with supporting mods.its all been mapped,no leaks anywhere as far as I know and only thing left to do is electronic boost controller, as for spool up it's painfully slow, starts spooling about 2.8 - 3.4 k revs and hits full boost at about 4.7 - 5.0 k revs at about 16 - 18 psi roughly. There is no actuator as I have an external waste gate which the diaphragm is fine and the correct springs are in,anybody else had this problem?

As far as I know yes,was done when I bought the car and as far as I know the only main thing still to be done was the electronic boost controller,but I can't see the boost controller bringing the spool up time down that much?

Haven't got a dump valve on either,pretty sure all gaskets are ok but I'm going to strip it and put new gaskets in,what u mean boost gauge?guessing you mean spooling time?peaks at about 17psi but only starts spooling up about 2.8 revs and struggles untill higher revs

Definetly a leak somewhere i reckon. Any shaft play on the turbo? Use the trick socks mentioned on herr. Removed air filter and block up the turbo inlet. If the car cuts out you have no boost leak, if it doesnt you should hear it

If your climing revs and holding boost all the way through without dropping off I don't think it's a boost leak it might be worth adjusting your TPS on the inlet mani, it may not be opening on time fully, the compressed air maybe getting pushed back onto the turbo then fully opening it's just a hunch though read your boost gauge at high revs look for any boost drop off you don't need to use a dumpvalve but it does take pressure off the turbo. What boost are you running (spring)

Sorry guys what do you mean by penny?no idea what spring is in but it's holding boost at 16-18 psi,and yeah my boost is dropping off at the top of the rev range,just done a check and there is no boost leaks what so ever

Are you sure it's not wastegate creep?

If your wastegate has a weak spring for example, it might be set for lets say 15 psi but the force of the exhaust gas is enough to crack it open at 10 psi, so those last few psi rise very slowly as the gas is bypassing the turbine instead of continuing to spool it up.

A boost controller can usually fix this problem, as the actuator will see no boost at all until it reaches whatever the boost controller is set at. As per the original example, if your boost controller is set to 15 psi, it will stay shut until it reaches 15 psi and then it will open and allow boost pressure to pass to your wastegate actuator.