Socks engine feedback must look

Hi guys a few months back I brought an engine from socks he had supposably brought the car from Scotland and drove it back

Let me first say that when I went to him it was a pleasure to deal with him and there was no problems what so ever

I put the engine in and being new to starlets I had a mechanic help and we put the engine in and it ran however it ran lumpy but we put this down to over fueling as it was every so loud with a slight missfire

Then I took it for mapping a good distance from me and found the teeth on the engine was 5 teeth out I'm surprised it even started! And then we it ran much quieter we found the engine actually had a knock

So I had the bottom end shells replaced luckily the crank hadn't been scored or anything else (however still was fairly costly to repair and in total a couple hundred pound)

Throughout this I have been speaking with Matt however he's slowly stopped replying and he said he would sort it out but it's now been we'll over a month and I don't know what to do so id just like people to thoroughly check their engines! I didn't think Id have this much trouble and I know it's not very expensive but money doesn't grow on trees and I have been as honest as possible and I stress he was a lovely bloke to deal with but his communication since the incident has been poor and I need this dealt with

Thanks guys and I'm not trying to cause shit but I think it needs to be mentioned

It's no secret now, hes a nice enough bloke but useless when it comes to selling, twice i've bought from him, and both times hes mess'd me about, never again

Like I say lovely bloke to deal with but hasn't sorted this out for me

It's no secret now, hes a nice enough bloke but useless when it comes to selling, twice i've bought from him, and both times hes mess'd me about, never again

You bought a CT9... It had a cracked wastegate. Like every other CT9 in the world...

You gave me it back at Japfest and I refunded you and sold it to someone else. Who is boosting and enjoying it just fine with no problems what so ever...

Like I say lovely bloke to deal with but hasn't sorted this out for me

I have a picture of the car in Scotland. kidV drove the car back from the top of Scotland...

There is no way a engine would make it 350miles+ with a knocking bottom end...

To then get a message off you want me to cover funds for a new Cambelt, full service and all this other stuff it needs for peace of mind I feel is a little unfair...

Bottom ends either knock or they don't. They don't just knock lightly as an early warning to change the bottom end shells... They run smoothly or they spin a shell and knock... There is no in-between....

I've sold 100000s of things on here. However it seems you cant please everyone...

You bought a CT9... It had a cracked wastegate. Like every other CT9 in the world...

You gave me it back at Japfest and I refunded you and sold it to someone else. Who is boosting and enjoying it just fine with no problems what so ever...

I have a picture of the car in Scotland. kidV drove the car back from the top of Scotland...

There is no way a engine would make it 350miles+ with a knocking bottom end...

To then get a message off you want me to cover funds for a new Cambelt, full service and all this other stuff it needs for peace of mind I feel is a little unfair...

Bottom ends either knock or they don't. They don't just knock lightly as an early warning to change the bottom end shells... They run smoothly or they spin a shell and knock... There is no in-between....

I've sold 100000s of things on here. However it seems you cant please everyone...

I haven't actually said I want you to pay for the cambelt change but seeing you or the previous owner has changed the cam belt leaving it 5 teeth out isn't my fault

And we've discussed the refund you wanted to refund me 40 even tho that doesn't cover the cost of the big end shells

And the big end she'll had spun however there was no other damage.

Also you haven't replied to any of my recent message and that's the thing that's annoyed me the most because you said you would get back to me last weekend that never happened

I haven't actually said I want you to pay for the cambelt change but seeing you or the previous owner has changed the cam belt leaving it 5 teeth out isn't my fault

And we've discussed the refund you wanted to refund me 40 even tho that doesn't cover the cost of the big end shells

And the big end she'll had spun however there was no other damage.

Also you haven't replied to any of my recent message and that's the thing that's annoyed me the most cos you said you would get back to me last weekend that never happened

You wanted me to pay for all sorts when you first got in touch 2 months after coming to get the engine...

I said the most I would consider is refunding you is for the shells...

However.... I still don't get the fact that the shells were knocking...

It wouldn't have done 350 miles! No Way... It'd have spat a rod out the crankcase...

Didn't smoke. Didn't Misfire. Sold 4-5 4E-FTE's now I know what there prone for and I know the signs... This engine displayed no such signs...

You wanted me to pay for all sorts when you first got in touch 2 months after coming to get the engine...

I said the most I would consider is refunding you is for the shells...

However.... I still don't get the fact that the shells were knocking...

It wouldn't have done 350 miles! No Way... It'd have spat a rod out the crankcase...

Didn't smoke. Didn't Misfire. Sold 4-5 4E-FTE's now I know what there prone for and I know the signs... This engine displayed no such signs...

No mate you asked what I'd had to pay for and I explained

So are you trying to say that I'm making it up because I wouldn't make some shit up to cause me and my dad shit as he's the one having to trailer my car around so I'm not gonna make up that the engines knocking am I mate

Also I'd like to know why you didn't reply to my messages until this thanks

If you want to word things like that... I could argue your trying to make me look the cunt saying I've knowingly sold you an engine with a knocking bottom end?

You've messaged me a lot mate. sometimes, 5 times a day. What are you expecting me to do for you?

Can I see the failure please...? Any pictures of the damage to the crank, the shells. etc Thanks

If you want to word things like that... I could argue your trying to make me look the cunt saying I've knowingly sold you an engine with a knocking bottom end?

You've messaged me a lot mate. sometimes, 5 times a day. What are you expecting me to do for you?

Can I see the failure please...? Any pictures of the damage to the crank, the shells. etc Thanks

No mate. Your trying to make it sound like I'm making things up.

Yes I message you a lot because you don't get back to me and when you do you say I'll sort it then and you never do. I'm expecting that as a seller you'll take some responsibility as the car hasnt been on the road my end so how can I have done it and yes I can get you a photo of the shells tomorrow.

Surely you can appreciate that an engine doesn't just slightly knock the bottom end shells. As an early warning sign to say they need changing...

They run smoothly. Or spin and completely fail and knock like mad...

Please send me some pics of the shells, Id like to see them...

SO what your wanting from me is the cost of some bottom end shells?

Surely you can appreciate that an engine doesn't just slightly knock the bottom end shells. As an early warning sign to say they need changing...

They run smoothly. Or spin and completely fail and knock like mad...

Please send me some pics of the shells, Id like to see them...

SO what your wanting from me is the cost of some bottom end shells?

We'll trust me mate it was a slight knock but bad enough to need fixing

I will send photos tomorrow

We'll what are you willing to refund? Thanks

F15084D9-639E-4B5D-8FD2-4BC83B219D02_zps

D612D18C-286B-4524-A574-48BE0FB578AE_zps

B0514579-B116-4EC0-8E57-1C7E034D6492_zps

Here you go mate you can see in picture one mainly on the right shell that there is slight scoring/wear as the copper is showing

Picture 2 shows 2 shells that aren't damaged

Picture 3 shows both shells are fucked

Thanks

hope u get this sorted mate....and also it is possible for the bottom end to knock very slightly to begin with. it doesnt just knock like mad straight away in some cases