Socks engine feedback must look

That is very true mate however I didn't have the money to go and get it rebuilt otherwise I would have done that to the damage engine I had in the first place and plus I didn't think something like this would happen but that is also my point about second hand engines

hope u get this sorted mate....and also it is possible for the bottom end to knock very slightly to begin with. it doesnt just knock like mad straight away in some cases

But is it going to be able to drive 350 miles? Not sure...

Thankyou and this is exactly what happened and I was lucky that it was caught early and yeah it's not expensive but when with parts and time taken to fix it, it all adds up

PM On Route....

Partial Refund Sent.

To cover the cost of shells...

As a Gesture of Good Will... No warranty was offered, and no one else would offer warranty for an engine on here I don't think!

However I do feel for you mate. I know what its like being sold something that's not right...

Still a bit stunned that it managed a 350mile journey from Scotland without spinning a shell...

As I said I've sold 4-5 of these engines now knowing full well they were fully functional... Had no reason to believe otherwise in this case...

------------------------

That ok Jacob?

Partial Refund Sent.

To cover the cost of shells...

As a Gesture of Good Will... No warranty was offered, and no one else would offer warranty for an engine on here I don't think!

However I do feel for you mate. I know what its like being sold something that's not right...

Still a bit stunned that it managed a 350mile journey from Scotland without spinning a shell...

As I said I've sold 4-5 of these engines now knowing full well they were fully functional... Had no reason to believe otherwise in this case...

------------------------

That ok Jacob?

Socks has refunded me the full cost of the shells which is what I was asking and this has sorted it

Thankyou Matt for sorting this it really is much appreciated and I would like to say that Matt is a great bloke to deal with so don't be out off because he has sorted this very quickly

Thanks again much appreciated

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: like wise lads and from the owner of the site 2 :unsure:

Right, Matt does not own the site, no one does, the site is run by an Admin team, there is no profit made from the club so a little sad comment, at the end of the day this is between Matt and Jacob, this has now been resolved

John

Right, Matt does not own the site, no one does, the site is run by an Admin team, there is no profit made from the club so a little sad comment, at the end of the day this is between Matt and Jacob, this has now been resolved

John

I understand why you're upset Jacob but in matts defense there is no proof that you didn't run the engine for 2 weeks or 3 weeks or whatever before doing the damage, there was no warranty given and it was sold as seen and I also doubt that it would have made a 350 mile trip on a knocking bottom.

I recently bought a car that turned out the cam belt wasn't on properly and the wheel nearly fell off which could have been a fatal accident but that's tough shit because I bought it sold as seen. All you can do is have a moan and ask for an apology but it wasn't matts responsibility to give you anything back at all. I've been done over a few times having sold something working fine and then get given it back a few weeks later after they've broken it but claim they've been away with work or not had time to look at it until 2 weeks later.

You just have to accept with 2nd hand good that you're taking a risk and you're buying stuff which is sold as seen. Very rarely can you go back months later and get a partial refund as it's usually not the seller's problem anymore especially if no cover of any kind was given.

Also as John said the forum isn't owned by anyone. Matt hosts the forum for free and as a staff member keeps it running along with the other staff members.

I understand why you're upset Jacob but in matts defense there is no proof that you didn't run the engine for 2 weeks or 3 weeks or whatever before doing the damage, there was no warranty given and it was sold as seen and I also doubt that it would have made a 350 mile trip on a knocking bottom.

I recently bought a car that turned out the cam belt wasn't on properly and the wheel nearly fell off which could have been a fatal accident but that's tough shit because I bought it sold as seen. All you can do is have a moan and ask for an apology but it wasn't matts responsibility to give you anything back at all. I've been done over a few times having sold something working fine and then get given it back a few weeks later after they've broken it but claim they've been away with work or not had time to look at it until 2 weeks later.

You just have to accept with 2nd hand good that you're taking a risk and you're buying stuff which is sold as seen. Very rarely can you go back months later and get a partial refund as it's usually not the seller's problem anymore especially if no cover of any kind was given.

Also as John said the forum isn't owned by anyone. Matt hosts the forum for free and as a staff member keeps it running along with the other staff members.

I totally understand your point mate but the car is on a sorn so how could I have run it around and broke it?

Also like I've said it was good of socks to partially refund me however I feel if I sold something and it turned out to be fault then I would do my best to resolve it

I would like to add that socks and the team that run the forum do a great job and therefore I understand how busy Matt must be

Also it has now been resolved so it's sorted

You bought a CT9... It had a cracked wastegate. Like every other CT9 in the world...

You gave me it back at Japfest and I refunded you and sold it to someone else. Who is boosting and enjoying it just fine with no problems what so ever...

Yes, You stated it was in mint condition, "no cracks or shaft play" and it had 3 cracks and shaft play, i messaged you about and you about it and you said you'd refund it (fair enough but even though i had stripped my car down at this point and wasted a whole day, my fault though, should have checked but trusted you) after that, i heard nothing from you after countless PM's and messages on Facebook. I caught you at japfest and gave you the turbo, and ricived the money a month later after countless PM's

My Battery clamp was delivered nearly a month after paying for it too, you said you had posted it and you hadn't then you finally did.

Every situation has been delt with though, but they're is so much bullshit involved and it doesn't need to be. and i wont be buying anything off you again

True, but you did similar.....and aired some of your gripes with the seller on your thread when it happened to you??

At the end of the day, I assume Jacob like many others would have trusted Socks 100% as a seller....he is a Mod on here after all.

I think many others will agree that this seems to be happening way too much on the forum at the moment. People shouldn't not have to resort to posting a thread up about being done over...only for the seller to think "Oh Shit...I better sort this before it ruins my rep". Which seems to be the case here. No ones likes to done over let alone ignored...especially when you have spent your hard earned.

Either way, I'm glad they both managed to come to an agreement and get it sorted!

Edited by Djaniero

Yes, You stated it was in mint condition, "no cracks or shaft play" and it had 3 cracks and shaft play, i messaged you about and you about it and you said you'd refund it (fair enough but even though i had stripped my car down at this point and wasted a whole day, my fault though, should have checked but trusted you) after that, i heard nothing from you after countless PM's and messages on Facebook. I caught you at japfest and gave you the turbo, and ricived the money a month later after countless PM's

My Battery clamp was delivered nearly a month after paying for it too, you said you had posted it and you hadn't then you finally did.

Every situation has been delt with though, but they're is so much bullshit involved and it doesn't need to be. and i wont be buying anything off you again

Yeh, the wastegate was cracked more then my first initial look.

I guarantee if you'd have put it on your car (it was already stripped down it would have been absolutely fine to at least try) The cracks weren't large or excessive and didn't leave the wastegate penny parameter... There is also no such thing as a CT9 without shaft play. Brand new or refurb ones have shaft play. It again wasn't excessive and wouldn't worry me even the slightest... Like I said its since gone to another owner. Who is perfectly happy with it, it performs perfect...

I apologised for the lateness of responses, but the majority of people that just think I spend all day on ukso are very much mistaken... I get 25-30 PMs a day. Because everyone is under the illusion they will PM "The Boss" when in actual fact I AM NOT the boss. I don't own this site...

You were being fussy/picky Dan. If you were buying a MINT ct9 from me it would have been 3 times the price.

You've got your money back and an apology. Like you did at the time. If you find it satisfying to post up and to add your milk to the potion that's fine.

True, but you did similar.....and aired some of your gripes with the seller on your thread when it happened to you??

At the end of the day, I assume Jacob like many others would have trusted Socks 100% as a seller....he is a Mod on here after all.

I think many others will agree that this seems to be happening way too much on the forum at the moment. People shouldn't not have to resort to posting a thread up about being done over...only for the seller to think "Oh Shit...I better sort this before it ruins my rep". Which seems to be the case here. No ones likes to done over let alone ignored...especially when you have spent your hard earned.

Either way, I'm glad they both managed to come to an agreement and get it sorted!

My friend Mark drove this in convoy from Scotland.

If a bottom end knocks. It would last maybe 10mins before throwing a rod thru a block or seizing up solid.

I didn't have to do anything. But as a jesture of good will have covered the price of new bottom end shells.

---------------------------

It may seem like people are getting shafted left right and center. (using paypal protection is something I would recommend if a user doesn't have any rep at all). But in actual fact, the majority of transactions that happen on UKSO in the marketplace is huge. Not all of them have feedback left. Yet if someone gets done over, they post it up straight away.

Over 25,000 people pass through UKSO every month. That's not hits, views. etc That's PEOPLE...

So a handful of problems is actually pretty amazing really.

That being said. Try be as clear and honest as you can..

Ive sold many engines and probably 10+ CT9s and this is the first issue anyone has had with either of..

Im not out to scam folks and bad luck can happen. Hell ive had more bad luck then probably 95% on here.

Dan507, you were sorted months ago...

Jacob has a partial refund. End of!

Thread Closed