Yeah, really does. Went for a drive last night and even with a slack throttle cable and 2k idle rpm she was so smooth and composed I just had an idiot grin on the whole time.

How's yours going B? Been looking out for the updates.

Only seeing this now, been busy with uni exams haha. Mine's going well! Still just waiting on the engine being rebuilt but that should be done soon! thanks for asking :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed mate! Toyotas tend to do well in the rust department mate so fingers crossed for you!! :)

Yeah, she's alright. I live about 400 yards from the sea so every car round here rots pretty quick but I've only got a bit of bubbling round an arch at the moment which I'll get sorted when she's got a clean bill of health. Just want to get it over with haha.

Only seeing this now, been busy with uni exams haha. Mine's going well! Still just waiting on the engine being rebuilt but that should be done soon! thanks for asking :D

I'm so jealous, but Christ knows after all the trouble you've had with your FE you're due for a solid engine.

Starlets always pass i ran mine down to the ground in a year and saying that it failed on a bald tyre haha. Got replaced and away it went thru. No advisorys! Sadly 4 months later i scrapped it haha

Cheers guys :) I've just dropped her off so I'll know at 1 how she got on. I'm cautiously optimistic, even if she fails it'll only be on worn bushes etc and I've got a month to sort them out.

Cool project man. That's how I started learning about cars. Bought a glanza rep with the n/a engine and just started doing stuff. Nice cars to work on I think. Good luck mot wise

I love working on her, and I've learned literally everything I know about cars from this engine, this time last year I was hopelessly clueless about everything.

Fail, but only on minor things. The horn decided to stop working for the test, stage fright I guess. Jiggled the plug a bit and that's sorted. One bulb gone that was working when I check on Thursday so that's Sod's law. And a hole rusted through the sill near the back which I somehow missed, slack because it's about an inch long. So spot of time with the welder, and a trip to halfords for a new bulb and she's sorted. Couldn't be happier right now :)

• 1 month later...