whats the best air filter

Hi guys am relocating my aur filter to the front and was wondering what the best filter is to use I know it sounds stupid but I would like it to be red to suit the theme of the car also where is the best place to buy from

You need to measure the outer-diameter of your pipe, and then find a filter suitable. You also need to make a note of the dimensions on the actual air filter too, because they're all different. There isn't a lot of room at the side of the car for an air filter, so it's not just a case of buying any old air filter and expecting it to bolt straight on.

There is no such thing as the best filter, you have to make a compromise, you either filter or flow, it can't do both.

K&N are the best imo, I've seen them flow very well even when they are caked in shit (although not advised)

I would stay away from foam filters as they are very poor at filtering, plus they are quite high maintenance having to be cleaned and oiled every 6000 miles. Cotton gauze filters are some of the best.

Edited by AdamB