immigration to Canada

I did it in November, I was getting 6quid an hr as a welder at home, putting up with shite weather and having nothing to do on the weekends but drink so decided to leave. I'll never be back to Ireland if I can avoid it.

I'm in Edmonton at the moment, great place but a tad rough in places (was threatened by a native with a gun sat night) but easily avoided. Unreal amount of work around, they advertise jobs on the radio, on Canadian Gumtree and signs at the side of the road. Needless to say the pay is much better too. People are generally very nice (aforementioned natives and the homeless are the only exceptions).

You've got the biggest mall in the world, a massive network of bike trails, any sport you want, hundreds of bars on your doorstep and 3hrs away is Jasper which has some of the best boarding in the world in winter and camping with bears, bison, elk etc in the summer.

I'd do it man, and sooner rather than later. The doors are closing at the moment and the visa system gets mixed up in 2015 again to make it harder to get in. Great opportunity for someone who wants to work hard and make unreal money.

Some people don't like it, but they're the kinda people that gurn on facebook about not being able to buy Tayto cheese and onion in Canada or the lack of Irish bars, just narrow mindedness. Do it.

Also bear in mind that with a job offer I am guessing your being offered an lmo visa, and that will mean youre tied to that specific employer. The IEC visa scheme will be opening again around december and will be a better option as it provides an open work permit.

Thanks very much for the advice sounds like you got good advice and are making the most of it.my Lmo was lodged yesterday the company already has one just need my name putting on it.i no whitecourt is a big in the middle of n where but hopefully when winter comes and the snowboarding will begin.

• 4 weeks later...