Right I spun a bearing a few weeks ago. Never touched an engine in my life. I bought new acl bearings. Drained oil, cleaned sump, checked for damage. Used 1000 fine wet & dry to take scores out out new bearings in now when I done the end cap on the Conrod it spun a bearing on it was really hard to get back on the Conrod anyway I torqued it up & she fired straight away with a very light knock. Does this mean that my Conrod/end cap is bent :/? If so is there anyway I can change a Conrod without having to take the head of & also will a 4efe Conrod fit with a 4efte piston & take boost too?

ANY knocking from any part of the bottom end requires crank out and sent to a machine shop to be re-ground

next grind from standard is 0.25 undersize, the machine shop will tell you if they can grind to 0.25 or if they can't, or if your really unlucky they might tell you straight away to find another crank.

Even doing a full engine rebuild on a 4efte with 90,000 with no problems the crank would be reground for piece of mind.

Saves alot of hassle in the future.