*Pete*'s White SR Build (MR2 Throttle Body & Dyno'ed)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really like the paseo cluster and red lighting mate...looks really good.

Is it possible to change the colour of the lights in the standard dash? Is it just a case of different coloured bulbs?

different coloured bulbs yes I'm using led there 501 and 286 bulbs in the dash, cluster and cig lighter however, the window switch I had to use a 5mm led and solider it into the circuit

Thats the spirit :) do it cant remember off by hand but I think its don't quote me on this but I think its 3 501's and 6 286 I added in a few more to check oil, abs, etc. Oh and also the heater window and the light adjustment and fog are T3 neo wedge bulbs. ebay search t3 neo they'll come up

Edited by *Pete*

Right did a little playing around today with those injectors the green one aren't 200cc there 220cc and the other set is smaller than the 200cc injectors that were already in, had the 220cc injectors it was smoother but didn't feel as fast. So put the 200cc back in for the mean time but I need a dyno or something that can give figures to compare :/

Endded up putting the 220 back while i was out it was so much better might have been having a more open road to test so 220 are staying in :) once i put the 421 on ill have to talk to my mate about getting it dyno'ed

Edited by *Pete*

I'm saving for a new one I'll definitely have it before japfest month or two time but for the meantime I'm having a play around with this as so far I don't plan to do the mr2 throttle body again as its not completely working well, so if the engine goes wrong it doesn't matter as much. as much as I would like to buy the car on my own if worst comes to worst I'll just have to borrow some money off my parents and pay them back like I've done to start driving which I've almost payed off now :)

• 2 weeks later...

Had a little time today after work stripped the new thottle body from 4afe

o0uhbd.jpg

My plan is to use the spindle from the 4efe throttle body i have (still got another complete one) as you can tell in thd picture is bent was like that before buying it. For mounting the tps as there different im going to shave the body down on the tps side make a plate and bolt that to body and bolt the starlet tps to the plate

• 1 month later...