*Pete*'s White SR Build (MR2 Throttle Body & Dyno'ed)

No pictures today, I've been tinkering today and got the starlet running a lot better. Put the mr2 idle valve on to replace the starlet one that was on the Mr2 tb. runs smoother and it likes cold starts a lot more than it did :D also put a pipe leading from the valve to the catch can

Also put a new valve on and move the pipe to go to the outlet of my filter which was blocked off runs better that way :D

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the tip on the mr2 tb think i will try that on my acis manni :) nice little build by the way

Cheers, will warn ta that it will have a little juddering sometimes when cruising at low rpm but I recokon but of playing with the fuel will sort that out

Was very Impressed when I saw this yesterday. Real nice gain from the TB and Mani.

Get that Exhaust sorted :D

Yer likewise with yours, was nice to have a good chat with another starlet owner in local ish area :D

Got two weeks off over Christmas after this week so hopefully get some stuff done :) plan is to get the front bumper ready for painting, get mr2 seats in, tint front indicators and see if I can make a mr2 barrel light fit on my starlet :D

• 2 weeks later...

Little update, did my exhuast probably not the best way but only 30 ish quid to do it :) de-cat straight pipe, standard center section then cherry bomb back box, not happy with the way the back box is sitting so no close ups yet and it quite loud and does spits flames :) have got a bung baffle thing to go in but it won't fit through the lip so will be doing something about it soon. ( can see a little in the pictures of the tip) Also modified the rear light wiring may put a tutorial/ guide if people want it but here it is:

2s6lh6b.jpg

2r4j62h.jpg

Isit straight thru or u got centre in? Isit loud? And how it sound as decat straight thru has a rasp like mine

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z00HkY1Au3E

Decat(just cut the cat off and welded in a 1.75 inch pipe) standard center section with cherry bomb

http://youtu.be/KXQuUn85cHY Heres a little bit but it too loud for when i start work again leaving at 6 in the morning. Also going to try and get a push in baffle tonight