20v starlet from australia

Hi thought I'd share my starlet

I'm from sydney australia and jump on your site time to time for ideas and other stuff

It's a ep91 starlet

Converted to ae111 blacktop 20v

Engine:

Ae111 front cut including engine,loom and gearbox

Custom alloy airbox housing k&n pod filter

Civic alloy radiator,shroud and spal fan

Hks headers and front pipe

High flow cat

Glanza jasma cat back

Brakes:

Non abs gt starlet front calipers and discs

Rda dimpled and slotted rotors

Ebc green stuff pads

Gt starlet rear disc brake conversion

Wheels:

14x6 genuine wantanabe

Suspension:

Lowered king springs (soon to be bc coilovers)

White front 22mm anti roll bar

White line 20mm anti roll bar

Interior:

Ae111 cluster (from front cut)

Trd short shift kit and gear knob

Nardi wheel

Pivot micro shift light

Stock seats (soon to be recaro sr3)

Will post up pics when tap talk starts working for me :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Image

Ae111 orange face cluster

Autometer oil pressure and water temp gauges (came out of my 180sx)

Glanza door handles with power windows (aus spec doesn't have power windows)

All wiring is there and switches for fold in mirrors to just need the mirrors

Factory option cup holders :)

New front brakes fitted last week

Posted Image

Posted Image

Engine is solidly mounted using factory starlet mounts with inserts

Posted Image

Fitting up eunos 15x6 wheels with advan semi slicks 225/50 front 205/50

Hoping to hit the track end of this month but also flyin out to mexico a few days after so dunno if ill make it :)

You managed to squeeze the plenum in too I see. I think yours is a bit more forward than mine plus youve used the 20v mount or a variation of on the drivers side. I wish I had done mine that way now.

Have to run the plenum and all the emissions gear to pass "engineering and EPA" testing in aus or your get slapped with defect notices "exhaust and emissions to comply" so it's a pain

• 2 weeks later...

Removed the air conditioning but wanted to retain the power steering so had to change the flat tensioner for a ribbed pulley and run the belt under it

Posted Image

Then had to make the tensioner pull down not up

Put a nut and spring washer on either side of the bracket

The top nut is to lock it and bottom nut showed in the photo is to tighten the belt as well as the original adjuster bolt

Posted Image

Blitz reservoir socks :)

Nice to see I'm not the only one removing AirCon in Australia... :p

Oi Mate! Quick question, what's that rad off? It's not the civic one from the other pics, what car is it from? Do you still have it and willing to sell?

Cheers!

Hay as far as i know it is a civic radiator not sure what engine or chassis it's from possibly ek

I could sell it to you but the core is not in good shape

The alloy rad I have in there now was $100 from eBay rad,fan and alloy shroud no use of a rad without a shroud!

Saving up for a set of these bad boys to fit inside the plenum chamber

Posted Image

Sq engineering in Victoria Australia make them and claim they out flow toda and imec trumpets and add 7-9kw at the wheels across the rev range from 3200 rpm onwards

Hay as far as i know it is a civic radiator not sure what engine or chassis it's from possibly ek

I could sell it to you but the core is not in good shape

The alloy rad I have in there now was $100 from eBay rad,fan and alloy shroud no use of a rad without a shroud!

Well if the core is bad, I'll get the Suzuki GTi 2 core I found for $74. A civic one doesn't have the top hose where I want it, plus I'd hate to say I have honda parts on my car... lol

Cheers mate

They fit inside the chamber? Number 1 would be seriously restricted from flow i would of thought.

Number one comes slightly modified you just tell them if your running them in the chamber and they put that into the process when making them ill post up there website so you can have a look

Well if the core is bad, I'll get the Suzuki GTi 2 core I found for $74. A civic one doesn't have the top hose where I want it, plus I'd hate to say I have honda parts on my car... lol

Cheers mate

I'm in sydney your in wa right? wouldn't the shipping plus a new core out weigh the price of a new one?

There's a mob in sydney called suzitech they do absolutely everything to do with modding swift gtis they no doubt will have a alloy one they'd ship to you under the price of fixing my old one?!

I'm in sydney your in wa right? wouldn't the shipping plus a new core out weigh the price of a new one?

There's a mob in sydney called suzitech they do absolutely everything to do with modding swift gtis they no doubt will have a alloy one they'd ship to you under the price of fixing my old one?!

Yeah, Rockingham just South of Perth.

I bought mine from Melbourne (eBay) earlier today, $74 delivered for a GTi 2 core alloy rad, not bad considering a stock replacement is 400+ in stores.

$T2eC16RHJGoE9nuQfR+GBQSZyUOY1w~~60_12.J