big first post

Hi everyone hope everyones tiptop and ready for this first post,

Here we go I have been very fortunate to get my old starlet sr that I bought way back in 1999 (yep im knocking on now at 33) into my ownership infact my name was still on the log book as previous owner with my old address , so after spending time being reacquainted with the old girl im in a predicament im seriously considering selling my civic type r and going and a full restoration getting her back to near as showroom condition as possible I absolutely loved the car and to get it back I cant belive my luck, I know glanzas are much fun etc but its more about that car the memories etc so about the car

silver

ac fitted

s reg

good points

speedlines inc spare

tte spoiler

body work immaculate down right handside whole car original panels

full service history with every mot taxdisc and recipts since new

retrimmed black alactara standard seats

bad points

passenger side door rusted and rear quarter scratched

decals missing

few plastics etc damaged

tte back box missing

needs clutch as starting to judder its the original

So the big question is what would you do keep civic enjoy car for what it is just maintain it and grow up

or

Keep what is becoming a rare car on our roads if I was to do this I would keep it forever and store it for weekend use because I would be going the whole hog and doing it properly

also respray factory white or keep it original silver, any of my family or friends will tell you how much I love this car , decisions decisions

oh and insurance is 165 quid fully comp :yahoo:

thanks the 30 plus club not a bad thing its a 54 reg just hit 100k new clutch valve clearances' done spent 700 quid on it last few months its in good nick but I do realise they not worth a great deal anymore but I can say its genuine,

sounds barmy to say I don't like it as much as the starlet ive got a decent budget to restore it and could get a tidy glanza with the cash but just got a soft spot for it always have done fave out of all the cars ive owned my question is is it rare enough to warrant the cash???

welcome to the site defo restore the SR i love them cant get enough of them.i have a silver one and my brother a black one which i passed on to him. such a cool story you buying her back. looking forward to seeing some pictures. i bought my first SR near you in sheffield she spent all her live there.

Edited by Dale SR

Right been searching about the net and seem to be able source everything i need even the decals ,

but no idea where to get the tte backbox plus i even found the original ambers for front and side underneath the spare wheel oh and the gearknob its currently sporting a nice trd one in black worth 40 quid ,

its booked into my mates body shop to stop the rot on the door till funds or its ready for full respray also does anyone know if ac was a dealer option and where the hell do i source the back box ir even a knacked one just for the tip

Oh and dale sr i know what you been about silver ones i cant honesly remember the last time i saw a silver one in the last 5 years infact only about 5 sr in last 3

ye the only silver av seen in person is my own haha. as for the TTE backbox just a case of waiting. i waited a while but finily got hold of one. they sound mint.

ye the only silver av seen in person is my own haha. as for the TTE backbox just a case of waiting. i waited a while but finily got hold of one. they sound mint.

yeah i remember it sounding good the car only had 5k miles on it when i bought it!

another 30 plus a fair few mature owners on here