Import Inspection Fee

Shipping is usually around £700, then you have to pay import duty which is around 20-30% of the value I think it is, plus pay someone to deal with all the paperwork and releasing the vehicle from the docks.

Probably looking at at least £1800 on top of the £1000.

I spent two weeks trying to import a car from Japan with the help of a mate. We tried going though a importer first and all the different fees for this and that are mental, had a go at importing it our self with the dealer, £160 cheaper lol

nearly *^"! 7.6k to get her here plus whatever else came up on top :sad:

Gutted but as it ain't going to happen, this is the motor I wanted :sad:

http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/TOYOTA/STARLET/700040305020131106001/index.html

Don't walk into it blind.

James

Edited by JamesD89

Is about 700 to ship a small car and 1000 for a big car. You need to pay to have it driven/transported to the dock in japan and loaded which can vary but account around 200-400 for that. Then in the uk you pay import duty which is 10% plus vat which is 20% this is on the total invoice value! So what ever you have spent so far which will be around 2400+30%taxes=2880 plus you will now need to pay unloading fees in the uk, around 200-300 if you dont shift the car within 5 days storage of 25-50 a day depending on vehicle size is also applied. Then you will need to do all the relevant paper work this side. All of the above excludes shipping insurance which imo is a must because if the boat sinks or the car gets damaged your fucked without it!

I've imported a few cars from japan but no fooker wants to pay anywhere near what it costs so i gave up as loosing money for other benifit of owning jdm cars is shit business lol.

Is about 700 to ship a small car and 1000 for a big car. You need to pay to have it driven/transported to the dock in japan and loaded which can vary but account around 200-400 for that. Then in the uk you pay import duty which is 10% plus vat which is 20% this is on the total invoice value! So what ever you have spent so far which will be around 2400+30%taxes=2880 plus you will now need to pay unloading fees in the uk, around 200-300 if you dont shift the car within 5 days storage of 25-50 a day depending on vehicle size is also applied. Then you will need to do all the relevant paper work this side. All of the above excludes shipping insurance which imo is a must because if the boat sinks or the car gets damaged your fucked without it!

I've imported a few cars from japan but no fooker wants to pay anywhere near what it costs so i gave up as loosing money for other benifit of owning jdm cars is shit business lol.

I wont go ahead with it then.. seem's a right fucker! you can buy the car's pretty cheap to be honest! but by sounds of all the other costs f*ck that!

Thats the issue. Every one knows the cars are cheap, and responses I've had is that people think its down to the shipper or first owner to absorb the costs and resale should be more reflective of the original jap purchase price! Hence why i dont import now.