Was just coming back from tesco down Southchurch road, gone to put it into 2nd an wouldn't go, so pulled over, it wouldn't go in any gear, so I switched it off, stressed out etc, an tried again, managed to get it in gear, an get home, but when the clutch is depressed it makes a horrific squeal sound, an it won't reverse at all!!!!

Do I need a new box/rebuild!?

Help guys, as it's my daily :( :( :(

Thanks

Could I of got home though...

I got it in first, an started the car, upped the revs an got it moving, so took no chances an starting heading home, it went into 2nd an 3rd fine, then as I pulled down my drive, I put my foot on the clutch an reverse just grinds...

An I can't get it in first atm, an when I put it in 2nd, with the clutch still depressed it makes a horrible grinding sound, like metal on metal?

Sounds like release bearing / clutch fork issue. Gonna have to remove the gearbox to investigate.

But before that check the cables move freely and that you can select all gears using the selector ontop of the gearbox.

**UPDATE**

Just had a chance to have a quick look!

When the car is off, it will go in every gear, little push for 5th, but it used to do that!

Then I started the car, depressed the clutch, an it made a screeching sound, an won't go in any gear with the engine running, whilst clutch is depressed...

So, from what I can work out, I need a new clutch, an possibly flywheel depending what's happened to the clutch?

Any ideas guys?

Can I do my clutch on my drive easy enough?

Thanks in advance!!!

Beany!

it could be your clutch you can do it in your drive(if the weather helps)! done mine a couple of weeks ago in a couple of hours just recommend you have a mate to help you with the gearbox! its very heavy and i was on my own underneath the car. it felt really heavy. the forum has a nice guide on how to change the clutch very useful!