Hi guys

Well I've just embarked on this project really bought a little yaris t sport about a year and a half a go as my girlfriends first car but now she wanted something a little newer so I've gotten it to play with

I bought the car for £400 with a broken engine lad who had it was running a bee-r Rev limiter needless to say a piston ended up exploding and putting 2 large holes in the block, so once I got it home I collected another engine for £100 and fitted it and it's been running great ever since

So after the engine was fitted I was working in a mates unit and decided it was time for some paint this was how it looked at the time

Posted Image

So I spent a few days da sanding the car filled a few repairs filled the rear wiper and removed most of the panels

Posted Image

Then we were all ready for paint went for 2k ford frozen white cost me £35 all in

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All finished and back together

Posted Image

Posted Image

After all this I fitted some tein coilovers for just £50 :) anyways I've now had a change of plan with the car I want to have a turbo the standard 1nzfe in this car isn't up to much power so for a base it's not what I wanted so I'm planning a 4efte conversion and another respray this time in midnight purple which I'm doing at home in the back yard pics so far of the last week

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers mate :) I'm using cellulose paint mixed 1:1 with thinners then 2k clearcoat mixed 2:1 with hardner +10% thinners it's actually working really nicely getting a few bits in the final coat but they sand out no problem :) the wing above was after it was flatted and polished

Basecoat dries in about 30 minutes mate

Clear takes a good while its touch dry after about 15 minutes so nothing will stick in it but if you press your fingers in it'll leave finger prints for a few hours I find if I paint parts in an afternoon they're completely dry ready for sanding and polishing the next morning

Finally got some good weather and all done before a nightshift tonight :p

First off removed the spoiler and the glue then masked up all the windows etc gave the body a full solvent wipedown to remove any grease/oils then mixed up my paint wiped the body down with a tack rag to remove any dust particles and then it was time for midnight purple coat 1

Posted Image

2nd coat finished

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then after that waited for the base to dry and then tack ragged and clear coat time :) I haven't done the door shuts yet as I wasn't sure how much paint it was going to take to cover the White but I've got plenty left for another day still got the front bumper to do bonnet and bay yet :) if I need more paint would rather the engine bay be a different mixture so there's no colour match issues

Anyways here's how it looks after the clearcoat

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

update for you all from today, my paints reacted awfully over night and it looks like matte finish now :( anyways today I thought I'd have a good go at the final finishing

Just to show you how bad it was before orange peel central

Posted Image

So then I started wet sanding 2000 was taking far too long and I also read earlier today that using this rounds the edges of orange peel instead of cutting it off and flattening it so I started again with 800 pretty rough so have to be careful around the edges

Posted Image

Then I started 1200 followed by 2000 used a diagonal sanding technique so I could see when the 800 sanding marks had been fully removed which worked really well

Posted Image

After all of this it was polishing time used my new rotary with some G3 and a wool pad for the initial cutting took no time at all to bring it up after this I refined the finish with a much softer combination of a green hex logic pad with some poorboys ssr1 and to say the least I'm over the moon with it, to say I've never really painted anything with a gun and used a cheap gun a small compressor and I've done it all outside with no covers etc it's pretty awesome

The purple under light

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awesome love the colour choice to, I did the painting course over team valley way have you done that? I have most of a 4efte engine needs bottom end done if you need any spare parts and I have a gearbox with driveshafts only half an hour away, good luck with the build :)