Anyone use shiply ???

Anyone used shiply to transport a car? basically I'm trying to get my car that I bought from browner months ago over from Belfast to London.. it's been sat in my uncles garage for about 6 months n I wanna get to work on it ..put my details into shiply last weekend and a guy came back to me with a quote of 399 from user name sprinterfsp so thought yeah fuck it will go for it..accepted the quote sent the deposit via paypal the guy text me saying hed get back to me with collection and delivery timings and I've heard nothing. I've text him, rang him and nothing.should I just go claim my deposit back from paypal or should I email shiply? I think shiply just act as a middle man kinda thing. maybe I should wait out another few days not sure what to do anyone had this kinda experience before ? I know it a long way to bring a car but he should have done his sums before giving me a quote he had good feedback and everything don't understand y he can't just say I'm not doing it instead of leaveing me wondering what's going on.. Starting to get very pissed off!

I know how people on them sites work my dad has used them once or twice and generally they find work that way before doing it. So yours is at point B he now needs to find something to take from point A (His home) to point B then hes got your delivery point B to C so from there he needs to find work from point C back to point A.

Chances are thats what hes doing but just in case keep a track of when you paid and make sure you put the claim in even if he does start talking but seems like hes panning it out.

Edited by morgey

That's fair anuf like everyones got to make a few quid but some communication would be nice I can get the car delivered to Colchester auction for half the price but don't wanna risk driving it home from there with no tax and test... It's just pissing me off because I've a big pile of parts sitting here waiting to go on :)

That's not a bad price to be honest. If I was getting a car brought home to Ni from England it would be 250-350. Would you not consider flying over and driving it back? A day out at least sure.

Don't think he's got tax and mot mate and yeh i was going to say about trade plates

That's not a bad price to be honest. If I was getting a car brought home to Ni from England it would be 250-350. Would you not consider flying over and driving it back? A day out at least sure.

I would mate but the the car needs 4 new tyres 2 rear shocks and a front wheel baring and a real good service it's been sat quite a while wouldn't really want to drive it that far tbh Edited by Whitenoize

Find a mate who works in a garage with trade plates bung the garage owner £50 notes and have your mate drive it back ;)

i can get trade plates no problem as my uncles is a dealer but by the time I pay for a flight and the boat and petrol it's going to be near if not a bit more than the 399 and I don't know if the car would make it back in the state it's in lol

Because it was a deposit for a service and not for goods, and I couldn't prove that I didn't receive the service. Something along those lines anyway!

I have used then several times though and that's the only one time I was let down.

I could get you the numbers of a few haulage companies from over here that specialize in car that would probably do it for you? Could you give me a rough location of both address?

that would be great dude I've try'd a few myself but alot of the won't drop it at my house they will only drop at car auctions and places they are going to lift a load of cars to bring back to n Ireland.. The pick up is greenisland co Antrim and drop off is guildford in Surrey

Because it was a deposit for a service and not for goods, and I couldn't prove that I didn't receive the service. Something along those lines anyway!

I have used then several times though and that's the only one time I was let down.

that sucks prob going to be the same case with me