Engine issues! 😔! New engine or rebuild?

Hello,

My 4efte roasted a rod and bearings because oil pump is goosed!

Ive removed the crank and it looks to far gone to me. Severely scored!

Cylinder 1 conrod bent and piston knackered!

My question is that i have a complete 4efe which was running before i took the engine out. Can i remove the crank out of the 4efe and use it in the 4efte? I know the pistons are different in the n/a but i have spare turbo pistons and rods. So could just get the crank checked over, polished, new bearings and bolt up the 4efte pistons and rods?

Thanks in advance 😊!

Yes the cranks are near on identical so will be fine to use. Some EFE cranks are actually turbo cranks as well I believe. If the crank is marked 4ET that is a turbo crank, all other N/A cranks are just marked 4E.

Thankfully i have found someone about 20 minutes away that has rebuilt a fresh ep82 4efte so im away to collect that at 10 and hopefully have it in and running tonight.

Its had a new oil pump,

New belt

Water pump

Head gasket and gasket set

So saves me alot of hassle and means i can forge my spare lump on the side! So if anyone has pistons and rods for sale then give me a shout 😊

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Does anybody know where I can get. A ep82 engine. Was pushing my hard down the m20 and now have rattling coming from the bottom left. My guess is bottom end is knakard ! People say cheaper for an engine conversion so if anyone can help that be great. I'm new to the site so don't rele know my way round it. Thanks

Does anybody know where I can get. A ep82 engine. Was pushing my hard down the m20 and now have rattling coming from the bottom left. My guess is bottom end is knakard ! People say cheaper for an engine conversion so if anyone can help that be great. I'm new to the site so don't rele know my way round it. Thanks

m20 your from this neck of the woods

chances are of getting a good used it will ether be at end of life or foooked, Get it rebuilt for that little extra

100% rebuild to many engines going bang these days after a few days of being sold, rebuild has to be done right aswell 👍