Can anyone tell me why whatever setting input in the greddy the car boosts up to a bar really aggressively and would go past if i kept my foot down, doesn't do it if I unplug the power on the back of the unit, was ok when I fitted it the other day. Even if I put it on 0 % boost it still boosts like a mad thing!

Had that issue with mine. At first i thought it was a faulty solenoid even though it was opening and closing correctly when i tested it, i purchased a new solenoid. Still had the same problem, turned out it was the actual unit itself which was faulty. Check the solenoid clicks open / closed with a direct live & earth from the battery, then check basics like vacuuk leaks from the unit and solenoid, and all other vacuums etc. I had to bin mine though, ended up going with the aem after my greddy and hks going wrong.

Turn the boost controller off and run wastegate spring pressure! Fuck the broken unit off, get your money back and buy another.....preferably not greddy as I've heard nothing but issues with them!

Going by the people fixing them on ebay id say the greddy control unit breaking is a common fault

Just spent £120 on this! No funds left. If I put an external wastegate on it will it boost at 1 bar all the time anyway? That's all I want!

Yeah get an external gate and get a 1bar spring in it. Will do the trick.

An EBC wont get you any more peak power at the same boost, but i does improve how the car boosts throughout the rev range. Good bots of kit shame yours is faulty.

I would just get a refund as above I would swear by an ebc I only run a 0.5 bar spring and let the ebc do all the rest I was going to go down the route of just wacking a 1 bar spring it but my mate went down to mapping with a hybrid set up with the 1bar spring in it and didn't quite make the 200 mark unfortunately if he ran an ebc I really reckon he could of pushed more, boost still drops off up high end without one

I would love to get a refund but this is the second time this has happened, bought a td04 turbo kit which was sold as all good but fitted it and it smoked at idle, seller said it was ok when they had it and that was that, then bought this and it was ok for 5 mins and then it got this fault. Just unlucky I guess.

• 3 weeks later...