Can someone help me please, yesterday I crashed my starlet, its the old version EP80 I think (its not the turbo) Its quite badly damaged and I'm looking for the bits to put it back together as I'm not ready to let go of my 17 year old car!

I'm looking for

Both front indicators

Drivers headlight

Drivers wing

Drivers door

Front bumper

Possibly a bonnet.

Pix of the crash and full story to follow, if anyone can help please let me know as its breaking my heart

Lei

Hey Lei

We havent seen you for a while.

Im really sorry to hear you have crashed your pride and joy ;)

Theres not that many EP80s about so spares would be scarce, Im not sure if any parts are interchangeable with the GT Turbo body?

Jay will hopefully be on later as he has the most knowledge of how to get hold of these parts if possible or indeed have them as he is one of the top starlet breakers in the UK.

Will have to see the pics to see how bad the damage is, was your front bumper not damaged too? If the damage is really that bad it may cost more than what you paid for the car to restore it to its former glory.

Have good faith tho :p

Take Care

Joz

Well you keep your head up Lei, hopefully something can be sorted.

You will want to list a front bumper as well on your list of things above, but there sounds like more may be needed than just those parts.

Is the engine Ok? Sounds quite harsh that the bumper is through the rad, you may need a new front panel too if its bent in.

Can only tell when we see the pics.

Please keep us updated.

Joz

Before the crash

before.jpg

After the crash

After.jpg

Alot of people have been askin what happened so its here now for all to read sad.gif more pix will be on bebo when I find my phone cable

On Friday I was driving from Kirkcaldy to Burntisland on a back road I drive every day, I was sitting at 60mph which is legal limit and safe for the road I driving along, almost at the end of that stretch of road a transit van was commin in the opposite direction but he was over the white line, I tried to break and swerve to the left to get passed but as I was passing him I lost control and started skidding, my car was on the wrong side of the road and I struggled to get control of it, I over corrected and the car headed back over my side of the road towards a hedge. This is when it gets a bit fuzzy...

The car went into the hedge and flipped onto its side and slid along on the drivers side, I heard glass smashing and as i thought it was my window smashing I turned my tace away and closed my eyes, I found out later it was my head light and indicators smashing then the car was back on its wheels on the right side of the road facing the wrong way.

When I got out the car I thought it had gone right over, I was told later it didnt; it had gone onto its side and slid but must have hit off a thicker bit hedge and righted its self. I wasnt injured, minor bump to my right side, stiff n sore neck and small knock to the head causin little dizzy spells and confusion so a day or two off work for me!! After the accident I thought it was my fault, it wasnt until two hours later I remembered the van. Alot of people stopped at the side of the road to make sure I was ok and I'm really greatfull for that, it was quite a bad accident when I think about it and I was ok...

Mock my 17 year old car all you like, it did me proud biggrin.gif Thanks Harold!!

Really sorry to say but it just wont be economical to fix that Lei.

I pretty much wrote my last car off like that ;)

I would go for another EP tbh and will save you a lot of time, money and hassle.

You won't be claiming right?

I've merged the old thread together to keep info in the one place.

Read Jays post above as he tells it like it is.

The main thing is your Ok and still with us to live and fight another day :p

Take Care

Joz

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments, I had a concussion for around 10 days and I'm now back on the road with a 206

I'm under alot of presure to get it fixed, the car was GIVEN to me so the cost of repairing it doesnt really put me at a loss, the car has been in my family for around 12 years as it was my nana's car, I have memories of her takin me shoppin in that car when i was little. My mum wants me to repair it as my sister has just turned 17 and she wants her to have the car