Hiya im lookong for a new intercooler for my starlet 350bhp build. Im just wondering if this ebay intercooler is good for my kind of power I've currently got a jperformance intercooler but all the fins are badly damaged so want to change it!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-STARLET-EP82-EP91-INTERCOOLER-KIT-FMIC-/121472590413?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c4854a24d

the core looks a little smaller than others out there,

personally if I was looking for a good quality, size and price intercooler the Toyosports Blitz replica would win every time and its rated to flow 400-450bhp :thumbsup:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Starlet-GT-Glanza-turbo-Toyo-sports-Front-Mount-Intercooler-kit-/281554154319?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item418def734f

Edited by russ78

also another important part to factor in is intercooler pipework size and length

bigger is better so try and go for at least 2.5 inch as smaller will cause restrictions when running high boost and always take the shortest route possible

intercooler core your looking at measures 580 x 210 x 63mm

the measurements of the toyosports 600mm x 268mm x 75mm

as you can see its a bigger core so will flow more bhp so yes will perform better.... as will the jperformance as its a blitz rep to

Edited by russ78
  • 1 month later...

I think that the core originally posted above will flow better than the Jperformance (blitz rep) as the end tanks are wank. End tanks on that core look pretty good and cold side piping is the same as the TB. Nothing wrong with a slightly thinner diameter hot side as it keeps turbo speed up thus helping with lag.