i have compression surge!

right was pratting around today as the dump valve that came on my glanza is getting very annoying. so i thought i would run without one for a while.

the thing is........

i removed my after market dv and blocked up the standard re-circ and got...........no flutter.

i decided to fit my aftermarket dv and block that up and i have a nice amount of flutter now. its not really loud but sounds quite good!

can anyone think why the standard re-circ blocked up made no flutter but my dv blocked up did. doesnt really make sense to me?

just shows a nice amount of surge can be had off a stock ct9 with only hks actuator.

i know this is kinda a technical topic but wasnt sure what section!

Moved to 4E-FTE Engine section for all your 4E-FTE Engine problems Keirz ;)

Please everybody, if you have a problem or query about any aspect of your car that goes into a little depth, please dont post it in the General section.

The Technical Discussions section is there for that reason :rolleyes:

Happy Posting!

Joz

do you mean you got compesser stall aka wastegate chatter. because compesser surge is something diffrent norm because you oversize the trim or to big downpipe. if the chatter noise is what you are after then its best heard though a induction kit. just remove d/v and cap pipe and plug vac line that fed it. we got my mates smart car to do it and that is only 600cc :rolleyes:

Surge is a bad thing right ?

cuss the air that's supposed to come out of the Bypass valve or B.O.V will stall the turbo and make is Spins The other way around Resulting in a nice sound but will gradually damage the turbo correct me if I'm wrong