Std disc & pads vs drilled grooved ???

We've got the EP91-type WMS 110% heavy duty front discs on the shelf in plan and grooved if that's any help! :D

Grooves are more of a personal preference these days as modern pads are better at resisting glazing and gassing....

Wouldn't use drilled discs at all, they tend to crack between the holes after repeated heat cycles.

OEM will be fine all round really depending on what you use the car for, I would rather spend extra on some decent pads.

Again wouldn't run drilled at all.

Ive always ran grooved and been happy compared to standard/drilled. Nothing too major either 8 or 10's, none of this 30/40 cack. That with some mintex 1144's/1155's or DS2500/3000, lines and 5.1 is a pretty decent setup for most.

Personal expereince - EBC pads are the worst thing known to man,

Edited by RobSR

Again wouldn't run drilled at all.

Ive always ran grooved and been happy compared to standard/drilled. Nothing too major either 8 or 10's, none of this 30/40 cack. That with some mintex 1144's/1155's or DS2500/3000, lines and 5.1 is a pretty decent setup for most.

Personal expereince - EBC pads are the worst thing known to man,

Speaks the truth, not a fan of any EBC products really.

Pagid Discs from Euro's with some pads like Rob has said, or if you really want some stopping power Carbone Lorraine or Carbotech pads :thumbsup:

If people are keen on the dimples (instead of / as well as grooves, but not drilled!) then we could do the WMS 110% discs in that form?

Even in plain form they have a 10% thicker casting than any OEM disc, even Pagid discs are "standard", plus we supply DS2500/DS3000 pads.

I can't see a way to get better performance short of bigger/4-pot brakes really?

not going to lie here but when I updated my brakes on my V to yellow pad/braided lines and grooved discs I noticed very little or nothing of a difference to my stock set up.....

needs bigger calipers to be changed on starlets to get better brakes imo

Edited by iamlegend

^ Thats because you used yellow stuff - EBC stuff is pap.

Wouldn't bother with dimpled discs either tbh but each to their own.

Never looked in to it, do performance friction make ep fitment pads i wonder...

Edited by RobSR