Advice on mapping

Hello guys, I don't want to go on so short and sweet. Had a problem with my Glanza, it was the coolant temp sensor so changed that. Originally I thought it was a problem with my Dasteck, it was unplugged and plugged back in, then thought it was over fuelling, looked into it and it was running 4bar on my sard fpr so adjusted to 2.6.

I'm now close to getting it on the road (and track) I'm not a big fan of the Dasteck and will be going standalone in future but at this current time with my moving house I can't really afford it.

Will it need to be re-mapped due to adjusting fuel pressure? I'm struggling to find someone to map.

I'm running a td04 setup.

Cheers

Ollie

I don't have a wideband. It was a friend of mine who adjusted it, the vac was on.

I came about as it smelt strongly of fuel, looked into standard fuel pressure on the forum and seen 2.6, to be honest looking back now it seems irrelevant what standard is as the car is not standard.

It will need remapped if you've changed fuel pressure.

emphasis on NEED, dont be surprised if it melts itself very shortly if you dont get it sorted.

secondly there is no right or exacting advise on fuel pressure.

your fuel pressure and injectors should be fitted, set and then mapped from that,

i find stock pressure and regulator perfectly fine so long as you have decent management.

obviously running way to much or too little fuel pressure would be stupid, 2.6-3.5bar usually does most folk.

Phil

Edited by Phil

Thanks for your help everyone. It's not my daily, infact it hasn't moved since the fuel pressure was changed and I was pretty sure I needed to get it mapped, I just wanted sound advice.

MattyD - Cheers for advice, Spoke to John at FCM unfortunately he can't help. I'm assuming bad experience at Circuit motors?