Sorry if posted in wrong section, looking for advice.

I've been told different laws about reg plates on imported vehicles and I'm unsure on what I could do.

I want to get a reg plate small as possible but that is legal, as traffic cops where I live are a nightmare.

Anyone got any idea on measurements?

As you can see that is one monster of a reg plate and nearly takes up the whole front end up of my car lol!

image_zpsebmy2bsu.jpg

Get a smaller one and keep that one that's currently in the car. And then if you are pulled and if they ever say anything just say you have them plates in the car and swap them over they can't do anything then :)

Bret.

This site seems to explain it well...

https://www.craigsplates.com/import-number-plates

It seems you need a standard UK plate unless your car meets one of 2 criteria. It's explained in the link.

I wouldn't advise displaying illegal plates but keeping legal ones in the car. It's about displaying legal plates, not simply having them to hand. You could still be fined.

Edited by Big Dog

Get a smaller one and keep that one that's currently in the car. And then if you are pulled and if they ever say anything just say you have them plates in the car and swap them over they can't do anything then :)

Bret.

That wouldn't work... may as well drive about without one fitted and say "it's in the car so what's the problem"

few of my mates use stick on reflective ones. Ones on his windscreen where his mirror is and the other was on his rx7 in front of the bonnet on the top of the bumper.

Both have been pulled they got moaned at but they measure standard size are reflective and are readable from so many feet infront of the vehicle so pass all cops checks so cant be done for it