if its a hybrid then defo wouldnt chance going over 0.80bar , but if thats what ure going to be running on a standard block its a waste becuase it wont even begin to fully be savage till a bar plus.. better of with the mani and all the other stuff on a stock td04 at a bar.

just my opinion . equivalent of running a td05 at 0.80 roughly which really is pointless.better with td04 az I say.

well its an epic kit for sure and prob one of the best...but in my honest opinion its gotta be a bar or more to be putting that on a car and that means forging.

as above its so similar to a td05 and u wudnt ever want one of those at 0.80 on a starlet lump.because of the low boost it will be even more laggyier. not fun or worth doing.

somebody else please back me up in saying at this stagehe really is better using a stock td04 with his kit atm.

well its an epic kit for sure and prob one of the best...but in my honest opinion its gotta be a bar or more to be putting that on a car and that means forging.

as above its so similar to a td05 and u wudnt ever want one of those at 0.80 on a starlet lump.because of the low boost it will be even more laggyier. not fun or worth doing.

somebody else please back me up in saying at this stagehe really is better using a stock td04 with his kit atm.

yes and no i ran a tdo5 at a bar on a stock 4et ( ep82 ) worked wel at the top end :) :)

small tdo4 is safer on those china rods you guys have ha ha

Ah so what is ordered is pretty pointless then?

No, its all in the map imo, if you have a healthy stock engine with all supporting mods, and you get a decent ecu mapped by someone who knows what they are doing then there is no reason why it shouldnt last a long time if you maintain it correctly.

A hybrid TD04 will make the same power at less boost than a standard TD04, so it doesnt put as much strain on the engine.

Also you'll get more usable power with a hybrid, more lower down in the revs and less 'lag' making the car better to drive.

You dont need to be running forged pushing 1.6bar to run a hybrid TD04. A stock motor at 0.8 - 1bar with a hybrid TD04 would be a decent setup with more usable power, faster spool etc.

stock block can handle 275bhp roughly safely (i repeat this often lol) . you can run 1-1.2bar boost on our kit safely providing you have engine management and a good tuner. if you ever get your motor build..you can run more. daniel_g is correct..more power with less boost is what you want.

most people here dont even forge the motor for a stock td04-13t@1.4bar. just good engine management and tuning. it will last.