Help please Secondhand Tein coilover problems

Hi guys just fitted my front Tein coilovers yesterday

They are secondhand sold as no knocks leaks etc

Ive adjusted them to 65mm drop and been advised they need to settle in as they are rather high

FIRST ISSUE: Upon driving steering is very light and full lock makes a weird noise hard to explain

SECOND: when decelerating (no breaking) i hear a squeaking noise from them anyone have a clue why? Are the shot?

Any advice would be very apreciated thanks ill post a picture of the height too as its higher than standard :/

Have you had the tracking checked and the geometry? That would cause the steering problems not the shocks on there own Also did you leave everything loose and toghten it up once the weight was on the wheels? The squeaking could be the bushes in the bottom arms.

Edited by Rob H

hows things john are they still sitting up high on the car from the pic i can see the adjuster rings there set way to high they should be around maybe 10 to 15 threads from the bottom these were my rears but ya get the idea how long they should be set

imeasured mine from the bottom adjuster ring to the edge of the bottom of coilover where the threads stop

i forgot to mention when i was talking to you on facebook all the steering tracking will need to be re-done to compensate for the suspension change

1449590d1405965765-cusco-coilovers-axio-

Oh god you know i have my wires crossed as my knowledge is very limited i thought making the rings higher up lowered the springs now from your info JDMfreak ive made it higher haha thats embarasing haha

Edited by RustyEp91

Oh god you know i have my wires crossed as my knowledge is very limited i thought making the rings higher up lowered the springs now from your info JDMfreak ive made it higher haha thats embarasing haha

haha no harm i posted to ya on facebooke how to set them dead on looking forward to some front slammage pictures :p