After a frustrating afternoon where I seemed to have broken more things than fixed, I have finally got one side of my Whiteline anti-lift kit fitted.

It seemed like a complete pig to fit and has lead me to my question about the adjustment.

According to the instructions and fitting guide you can adjust for maximum castor by sliding the bush towards the outside of the car. The only thing is mine doesn't seem to want to move. It didn't seem to line up very well during fitting but there is certainly no movement in it to the outside of the car, it's hard over to the inside and on rough measurement the wishbone seems exactly where the other side is I haven't changed out, which kind of defeats the object as far as I can see.

Has anyone had any experience of this? Is there anything I may have missed?

Everything is fitted as it should be with the spacing plate and nicely greased up there just seems to be no movement. Any thoughts on this would be gratefully received, thanks.

Bushes are offset with the hole towards the outside of the car.

Yeah, gave it a good tug and didn't seem to want to shift :(

Even tried it with all of the other bolts (front wishbone, ball joint and ARB tie) loose and tightened up but no difference.

Yeah, I did them up to the point that the spring washers were just about loose. Had a feeling that it might need some welly to move them so didn't want to leave them too loose leaving me with a load of tightening up before they held but not so much that they held everything tight.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem on the drivers side and I used a ratchet strap to pull it inline with the holes and done it up with slightly either tightening the strap or loosening it to help get it inline, I also had aload of problems with the nuts which lead having to cut a hole in the floor inside as the weld for the nut gave way, also had to tap and die the threads lol but that's another story

Finally a bit of success. Changed out the front bushes which were pretty screwed and fitted superpro ones which seemed to free things up enough to get some adjustment.

All I gotta do now is free up my seized coilover then it can go for wheel alignment to see how it all looks.

• 1 month later...

Quick question once you have pulled over arms so that bolts can be tightened do both arms have to be measured to make sure both are the same distance on either side?or do the plates only let them tighten up in one place?also once fitted can you get the wheel alignment reset up as normal?

Thanks guys.

cool taking her on at retro at coombe on the 20th so want to get it done by then.do i have to tell them the degrees of adjustment or is it something they will know and sort out?

will give them a buzz,thanks bud.