Luke's second red EP91

After my 5-door was written off, I decided to focus ahead and buy a cheap run around so I could save up for a good GT or Glanza in the future. What I ended up with was this:

DSCF0008_zpssuyr8x1f.jpg

A 1991 K10 Micra. Cost me £200 and looked very tidy both inside and out. Its MOT was due the next month which was when I found out it wasn't as tidy as I thought it was. Long story short, the work that was needed would've been more than the car itself, so I cut my losses and got it scrapped.

To be fair, it was an impulse buy as I needed a car quick. This time, I thought out some more sensible, modern, reliable choices. 1.0 litre Yaris, an 800cc Daihatsu, even an Aygo on finance. My choice?

EP91-1_zpsrmzop3ph.jpg

Yep. By far and away the tidiest red 91 I've seen and it was only a few miles up the road. 1998, 66k on the clock, all original (apart from some stickers) and immaculate inside and out. The best parts are that it was enthusiast owned, it has all the past receipts, recently been fully serviced and has had the bonnet, front bumper and panels resprayed. The scuff on the bumper was done a few days before I purchased it. Not too fussed about it, I may get it redone if I have some spare cash and time.

I'll let a few more pics do some of the talking.

EP91-2_zpsory1mozb.jpg

EP91-3_zps48s240qp.jpg

EP91-4_zpsz3ig72xy.jpg

EP91-7_zpsy4uuamcn.jpg

EP91-8_zpsqixfudzd.jpg

So much nicer than my 5-door, both visually and to drive. I've already gone ahead and put my old head unit, strut brace and oil cap back in that I scavenged from my 5-door. Wheels and the parcel shelf speakers will be put back in as well, once I figure out how to wire it. Since its so clean, I don't want to go overboard with mods really, especially since I'm saving for a GT/Glanza (again). Plans are:

• Take off the stickers
  • Wheels back on
  • Remove the bump strips
  • Clear indicators and repeaters
  • Import sized plates
  • Paseo dials
  • Lowered springs
  • TTE front lip

• TTE rear spoiler
  • Glanza skirts and rear bumper
  • New back box

Not sure where else to go with it. Part of me just wants to go all out with it and focus on the smaller, hard to get details (headlight covers, original mats, etc.) but those go for big money, especially considering what they are. I've got it booked in for an MOT early next month so I'm hoping there's no nasty surprises (although I really do doubt it) and then we can see where it goes after. Comments/suggestions welcome!