Aaron's white 96 glanza (2/10/15)

• 2 weeks later...

Got my engine cover polished at last. Did it myself which makes it even more satisfying. Not sure if I had to clear coat it after but I know aluminum starts to get white spots...

LSAe3XbguTzWfSeUivnEwc83jOU_gtWwGQCgoOYK

cJVJ2HUrmHK8xC-sxVH5iiM_R6FDbv9LdoJOjiI7

Looking well mate!

Still waiting on a rocker cover coming so I can paint it, but might polish my current one, what did you use, autosol?

Thanks mate. I used a polish abrasive wheel you attach to a drill, it came with compound. autosol and elbow grease wouldn't be enough to get it that shiny lol

I paid 8 quid for it on ebay or you could have mine if you want since I won't be needing it again. Think I spent nearly 2 hours polishing it lol but worth it in the end.

ah right i see, i was hoping to sand it down just then wet and dry it and then polish it. ill maybe see how it goes.

cheers for the offer though, might have to take you up on it lol

ah right i see, i was hoping to sand it down just then wet and dry it and then polish it. ill maybe see how it goes.

cheers for the offer though, might have to take you up on it

More than welcome to take it mate. There's a bit of technique to polishing that I found out. More compound used the better it cuts through the metal, gives it that gloss mirror finish.

Polishing by hand really won't bring that finish up. abrasive wheel is the only way that works. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Done a few more bits to the glanza recently including a engine dress up kit socks is currently selling. But I decided to give these graphics a try and see how they would look.

What you guys think? Still need to apply the other side but I'm waiting for a new door first. I might not even keep the graphics as I go through phases were I think something would look good, then 2 weeks later I decide on something else.

Feed back is welcome :thumbsup:

IMG_2590_zpshbg78jch.jpg

IMG_2591_zpsh8hqhkvv.jpg

Where are you based mate as i thought japworkz was based in jent ??

Kent even

I'm based near Belfast Northern Ireland but I found the japworkx graphics online for sale.

They're different anyway!

I'm undecided but when the skirts are on and painted it might look better.

It's a bit of a marmite situation lol Some friends have said it looks well and others have said keep the japworkx writing but take the manga girl off.

What makes it slightly more creative for me is she points at the glanza sticker which was intentional haha but not long to payday then I can get my skirts and front bumper sprayed and possibly order a new door.

Still trying to find a white door which is proven harder than I thought.

Your Glanza looks really good. That's an amazing difference under your spare wheel, looks 1000 times better.

Your decals look quite smart not something I useally like. Its mabey just a bit much with the two if them. I would keep the Japanese girl it's cool how she is pointing to the Glanza decal.

I actually like the bottom sticker but the girl is just a bit much.

Fair play for trying but and its a good change from the norm!

The graphics are a bold move I will admit. Sometimes I think outside the box too much lol but I'll probably more than likely take them off once I get it ready for the road.

next mods on the shopping cart are not as crazy. OEM 96 spec splitter and BRIDE seats :thumbsup:

Your Glanza looks really good. That's an amazing difference under your spare wheel, looks 1000 times better.

Your decals look quite smart not something I useally like. Its mabey just a bit much with the two if them. I would keep the Japanese girl it's cool how she is pointing to the Glanza decal.

Thanks mate the spare wheel area was annoying me seeing it really rough and scratched, I've a thing for silly details like that being perfected.

I'm not usually one for graphics either but thought I would experiment and see how it would turn out. And your the first person to say only keep the japanese manga girl lol

• 2 weeks later...

Small update so new stuff ordered from ID workz for the glanza :) Ordered the air filter relocation kit along with a 96 spec OEM front lip splitter, I'm very tempted on getting the cruise style vented wings but we'll see.

Went to a local bodyshop to get a price for my bumper and side skirts to be sprayed. I was quoted £400... and was told my prep work was not done right :nea: which gave me a good laugh because I sanded it as smooth as glass.

Decided to go to a guy who restores old minis and sprays them. He quoted £200 all in including painting my spitter when it arrives, he said my prep work was good. He knows a good bit about starlets too so bonus :D

• 1 month later...

Another update on what's changed so far.

Well I had issues on getting the car started as it would crank but not start. After narrowing down the fault to no spark coming from the plugs I then checked all the fuses which were all okay.

I started to loose patience with it, moved to sorting and fixing bits on my daily car. So today me and my friend got stuck into the glanza again and we found out the car would not start because of my

crappy soldering skills :rofl: It was when I tried to wire up my indiglo dials so all we did was cut and reconnected the wires. So with the help of my mates ibiza we got the glanza started for the first time in over 2 months.

Now that I've got it started and running again I think it's misfiring. The car is making funny puff noise from the exhuast and there is alot of smoke when I rev the engine. So I need to look more into it.

Anyway here's some pictures from today's shenanigans.

post-12737-0-85848800-1439321508_thumb.j

post-12737-0-38852400-1439321791_thumb.j

Oh and I got a Blitz Nur spec for my glanza 8) going to be awesome to hear this thing fitted.

post-12737-0-98958700-1439321648_thumb.j

Here's my daily that's got slightly more attention this month. It's up for MOT this month so that's why.

post-12737-0-77468100-1439321957_thumb.j

And that's all I've done to the glanza this month really, I still need the bumpers sprayed but that will have to wait because the ibiza has been eating at my wallet this month -.-

Thanks for reading

Aaron

Glad you got the starting issue sorted!

Mine is for mot this month to, was Ment to be Friday but I've had to cancel as she's developed some issues last night, so need to get that sorted 1st :/

Glad you got the starting issue sorted!

Mine is for mot this month to, was Ment to be Friday but I've had to cancel as she's developed some issues last night, so need to get that sorted 1st :/

Ahhh flip that's not good mate as it's a complete nightmare to get a good mot date again. Is it anything serious?

I got one booked for 2 weeks later so not too bad, enniskilken is def handier to get into than round Belfast!

Not 100% sure yet but think it's the PCV as its blowing oil out the breather and dipstick. EML light comes on when driving to and the car lurches

• 1 month later...

So it's been awhile since I added any more updates to my build. Recently I have been cleaning up bits and refurbishing parts of the car and finally got my induction relocation kit fitted at last.

The radiator, crash bar and front frame have all been grinded and sanded down to get a new fresh coat of paint. Amazing what difference a can of spray paint can do to freshen parts up.

Thanks for looking. Aaron

post-12737-0-44127700-1443811215_thumb.j

post-12737-0-21816100-1443811250_thumb.j

post-12737-0-08211700-1443811550_thumb.j