• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be getting made out of fibreglass at some point but that is just the template. Playing around with a few ideas and see what happens. It will be getting solidly mounted to the chassis, not the bumper.

• 2 months later...

Not updated this thread for a while so I guess I should do!

Well the gt has been in hibernation for the past 5 months so a few things needed some attention. As usual the battery was flat, tyres looked a little low on pressure and she could do with a service!

Any way, I noticed an oil leak under my distributor and found that the internal seal for the dizzy had gone rock hard from years of oil. So I've got another dizzy and decided to strip it and rebuild it with new bearing and seal. The bargain part is that the bearing cost a whopping total of £1.80 and the seal was a grand total of about £2.66. Much cheaper than the price of a new dizzy!

9D20963D-541B-45DF-901C-0A8EB7E6E574.jpg

EF0EB411-83A4-4BFB-83B0-3EAA40BD7AB1.jpg

AC959306-3FB7-4B3D-89B8-05B3052362B7.jpg

So the next item on the agenda was the interior. The recaro seats had some marks on them from me being the mucky person I am with my job. So out came the upholstery shampoo and a good dose of scrubbing. They came out pretty well and I'm a little happier with them. Could do with a proper wet vac really but that can be done at a later date. Also the carpet looked a touch dated. After a little research I decided to dye it to give it a new lease of life. Thing is the dye is taking a little while to dry and it will need at least a couple of coats for the desired effect.

B4084948-323F-4B3C-B672-758909307483.jpg

FB0C6CAA-4CD0-4BD9-9FF9-DC854EE7F427.jpg

AA9F2F90-EF2A-4DBD-ADDA-BA23ABA3786B.jpg

Next was onto the engine bay. After getting cut multiple times by the braided hoses for the catch can I decided they have to go. I bought some braided hose with black nylon braid on the outside so I shouldn't cut myself any more!

Also in a previous post, Lew mentioned that I should polish my radiator as I guess it looked a little untidy. So out came the autosol and the die grinder with a polishing mop attached. The results are pretty good for only about half an hours work.

DBC44B3D-63F9-44B6-835F-7D028CB391ED.jpg

885DB45E-9120-4D0B-81AD-D3BBA99C3FBB.jpg

That's about all for now folks. A few more updates will be on the cards soon all being well.