over fueling out of ideas

I have been having this problem for some time now, can someone tell me what might cause this?

Plugs are black and a slightly smell of fuel

Nothing had been changed previously and no engine management light appearing!

Nothing is coming to mind :(

A list of stuff to check please

have you spoke to the mapper to see what they think? possible you have accidently knocked your fpr or something and uped the fuel pressure? other than that id think air temp sensor/ water sensor/ lamda/wideband could throw up issues that would cause this

plus also my plugs are black around the inner outside piece as mine hits 11.00 afr on wot but all the rest of the time the afrs 15.00 and runs perfect .

u cant base that ure running lean on a black plug that smells of fuel lol

plus also my plugs are black around the inner outside piece as mine hits 11.00 afr on wot but all the rest of the time the afrs 15.00 and runs perfect .

u cant base that ure running lean on a black plug that smells of fuel lol

running rich* :p

ha i wasnt commenting on your car.

you said you cant base that your running lean based on the smell of fuel and black plugs. you have it the wrong way round rich is to much fuel lean not enough

maybe there is a injector faulty. that doesnt close well. get the injectors out on the rail and let someone else turn the car over. see if the spray patern is the same of all 4.

• 2 weeks later...